Kanye to The banner

Do you consider Joe Budden to be a good rapper?

• Yes

Votes: 59 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 19.2%
41 - 60 of 93 Posts
MAnt said:
He's in my top 10.
His pure bar for bar spitting is a lot easier to notice in his work with slaughterhouse. But rather than try and use wordplay or punchlines Joe Budden tends to tell a story, or convey an emotion which I think more rappers should do. It's really what makes his music so enjoyable for me.

spejsi666 said:
sorry but i can't see how
Saigon? Joey killed him
Prodigy? Joey killed him
Ransom? Joey killed him

Lil B is below average, I can't tell If his fans are being serious tbh.

dorian_j said:
He's definitely not a bad rapper, but there's nothing exciting about his music.
I remember the first time I downloaded MM2 I put it on while I was doing something or w/e, just casually listening. I thought it was pretty boring. Then at some point I listened to it while I was going to sleep, so it was the only thing I was focused on, and that's when I realized how dope it was. So on the off chance you didn't really give [insert Budden project here] a truly good listen, I'd definitely recommend doing that.

I'm obviously a stan but I just don't think anyone out now does it like Budden does it. Someone earlier it the thread mentioned the emotion he puts into his music and that's exactly it. In Slaughterhouse it's a bit different since so far they're most about flexing their lyrical abilities but on solo projects 90% of the songs are gonna be related to his experiences in a very real way. There are so few Budden tracks that I hear and think are just filler or have no purpose.
It just feels "realer" than other rappers' music, and I don't think I've found any other artists that give me that feeling.

Like here's a track where in the first verse he addresses how much he appreciates his friends, second verse how much he appreciates his mom, and third verse about a past love interest that didn't work out and how he's moved on and ends it with "I guess what I'm saying is, don't be mad about your path and where it took you cause you might end up with somebody to sing this hook to." (Hook is about being inseparable from someone)

Like, who else is putting out music like this? I don't really listen to Cudi so maybe him lol, but honestly I don't know anyone that does it like Joe. His ability to really put his emotions on a track plus his technical/lyrical skills make him one of a kind imo.

And he can just go the fuck in

spejsi666 said:
yeah but his diss was too good, every single line is an insult after an insult, i can't imagine Joe Budden coming back from that
even if basedgod isn't technically the best rapper around, he is entertaining as hell
Joey didn't take lil b seriously, joey can slaughter him If he wants to. period

Does every Lil B fan just ignore the fact that right after dissing him he said this:

"ur the true legend and for me coming out at u for no reason was a ho move reguardless if it was for the rap and fun...it aint no regrets its just a learning experience from everything you do. so @mousebudden stay 100 respect...so everyone just learn with me and hopefully yall can learn frm my triumphs and my mistakes and sometimes moving b4 thinking...I am a hater and I'm fina make sure I don't hate on no1 doing they thang and getting it again.U a legend...yall learn from me being insicure and thinking people don't respect my lyrical abilty me turned me to a hater on sum1 who's dope...all I want is to be seen for what I no I am deep down and that is a legend. but I see I must work hard and wait for my time. cuz doing shit to get more famous is some bitch ass ***** shit and I did some desprete ***** shit like a *****. not a man like I am...so I'm really fina take a shower and wash this hater shit off me and get back to the grind and not on no fake ***** shit."

Priptonite said:
Does every Lil B fan just ignore the fact that right after dissing him he said this:

"ur the true legend and for me coming out at u for no reason was a ho move reguardless if it was for the rap and fun...it aint no regrets its just a learning experience from everything you do. so @mousebudden stay 100 respect...so everyone just learn with me and hopefully yall can learn frm my triumphs and my mistakes and sometimes moving b4 thinking...I am a hater and I'm fina make sure I don't hate on no1 doing they thang and getting it again.U a legend...yall learn from me being insicure and thinking people don't respect my lyrical abilty me turned me to a hater on sum1 who's dope...all I want is to be seen for what I no I am deep down and that is a legend. but I see I must work hard and wait for my time. cuz doing shit to get more famous is some bitch ass ***** shit and I did some desprete ***** shit like a *****. not a man like I am...so I'm really fina take a shower and wash this hater shit off me and get back to the grind and not on no fake ***** shit."
/argument

41 - 60 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.