Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love music videos when they are done properly and i think they can add a great deal to a song. I just wish more artists put the necessary work into them to make most of them worthwhile.

Do you think music videos are important and what are some of your favorites?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Kanye always has amazing videos. Coldest Winter and Welcome to heartbreak are my favorites.
One thing though, green screens are being used too much nowadays, and I like when artists think out of the box when making their music videos.

·
Premium Member
232,799 Posts
They are nice additions to the song but unless they are something extremely epic I just watch them once and never again at this point.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I'm not big into them. I love great ones but don't care when someone puts out a dodgy one. I do have my list of faves and all.

When a band or artist I like releases a new single with a video, I'll sometimes go months without checking the vid, perhaps not even check it at all. I guess that shows that the music is a lot more important for me.

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
sometimes if the music video is really good it makes me like the song more.

it's like when you do a really dope performance for it, it makes the song much better and it has a story to it.

·
Premium Member
15,105 Posts
If a cool concept or idea is used, its awesome. I hate it when artists just do the same old thing.

Example:

One of the best vids ever :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Porcelina said:
I'm not big into them. I love great ones but don't care when someone puts out a dodgy one. I do have my list of faves and all.

When a band or artist I like releases a new single with a video, I'll sometimes go months without checking the vid, perhaps not even check it at all. I guess that shows that the music is a lot more important for me.
Of course! The music will always be number one. If a song's great but the video's shit, it doesn't suffer from it. A video does help you get into the music though, if done right. For instance, I loved the Power video and although I didn't like Power much at first I got more into it because of the 'moving painting'.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Music videos are pretty helpful for the song. There have been times when I like the song after seeing some visuals to it. My problem is that too many Rap songs have videos made for no reason and aren't interesting at all. *cough* Flocka and Lil B *cough*

1 - 20 of 28 Posts