Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Yes, and from what I know, being the person to upload a movie before it hits theatres <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Much much much more likely to get sued.
And I believe there's been a few cases where the people who download/torrent the leaked movie before it hits theatres get into some type of trouble.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Yeah, it used to happen back in the day more before they came down hard on it. Almost every movie came out a few days early. I remember I saw Hulk like 2 weeks before it came out.

·
Registered
14,731 Posts
shadynarkoticz said:
Yeah, it used to happen back in the day more before they came down hard on it. Almost every movie came out a few days early. I remember I saw Hulk like 2 weeks before it came out.
hell yeah! those were the good ol days

·
Registered
89,167 Posts
i remember as a kid i watched a bootleg of rush hour 2 before it hit theaters..it had some long ass message across the bottom saying not to give it out to the public....well i got it so :dno:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
B said:
Movies can leak, but it rarely happens in comparison to music. There is also a lot more money involved in movies than music recordings.

But I think it's more then that. It's a combination of movies being harder to pirate (I mean, your average person can torrent now, but it's still much easier to upload, and download a relatively small music file vs a big movie file). Most screeners are watermarked (and again, someone would have to have the knowledge how to rip movies from DVDs).

Not that I'm trying to paint it as being hard. But again, i think what most of us know, isn't as common as you would think with everyone else. And lastly, I just think the culture around the movie industry is different than the music industry. As someone that works in the music industry (sort of) - I can tell you Labels are a lot harder to work with. They are more paranoid. Artists are much more guarded. Whereas I have a friend that works in the movie industry, and he gets interviews all the time with actors, directors. Gets to go to screenings (another benefit of movies, review screenings are self contained to the theater - something you can't do with music unless you hold a press conference). They just seem to be more open.

I dunno, maybe it's just mutual respect. Like, so much hard work goes into making a movie. So many people are involved in making a film come together, that maybe those that get movies early within the industry, just don't leak it as often.Whereas with Music, it's a lot more detached. It's a lot easier on the conscience to leak an mp3 file when some label sends you a zipped folder. etc.

/rant
think it's the latter

1 - 20 of 28 Posts