Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've been reading that people think TLOP singles and Champions (and even PUTP) have all flopped due to a lack of promotion.

But does a good single really even need promotion?

And what exactly do you mean by promotion, other than just a shitty excuse as to why your favorite song flopped?



EDIT:
A single can't fail if it wasn't intended to be a single in the first place, so sending a song to the radio doesn't count as promotion obviously



 
G

·
I agree OP. If a song has enough mainstream appeal it will blow up on its own. Every time Drake drops a song that becomes huge he treats it no differently than any other single. Kanye's songs aren't radio singles because he does not give a fuck about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,497 Posts
Yes, everything from GOOD has flopped this year without prmotion except for panda which Was already a souncloud hit last year, then sampled on a major album. Their label is the perfect example of what happens when you don't care about promoting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,497 Posts
Im Good. said:
I agree OP. If a song has enough mainstream appeal it will blow up on its own. Every time Drake drops a song that becomes huge he treats it no differently than any other single. Kanye's songs aren't radio singles because he does not give a fuck about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,497 Posts
Deweze said:
Hotline bling perfect example

It was literally a throwaway
Was it limited to streaming for months on tidal then released as a single or was it sold as a single then became a hit? If Kanye released famous in January I think it would have been much better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,577 Posts
martinoamigo said:
What do you mean exactly? As in what sort of promotion
From sending it to radio, using Instagram, and Twitter. Premiering it on your Apple radio show (Drake). Your can't just have a song on your album and all of the radio is going to play it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,497 Posts
yefluence said:
From sending it to radio, using Instagram, and Twitter. Premiering it on your Apple radio show (Drake). Your can't just have a song on your album and all of the radio is going to play it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,076 Posts
yefluence said:
From sending it to radio, using Instagram, and Twitter. Premiering it on your Apple radio show (Drake). Your can't just have a song on your album and all of the radio is going to play it.
What is the excuse for bound 2 which only peaked at 12 on billboards?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,577 Posts
Slum Village said:
What is the excuse for bound 2 which only peaked at 12 on billboards?
Only? since when was bound 2 over the top promoted this ***** released a video and perform it once on Fallon. There's not a ***** with a brain who thought bound 2 was about to be a #1 hit. You tried it though. :jordanok: :jordanlaff:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yefluence said:
From sending it to radio, using Instagram, and Twitter. Premiering it on your Apple radio show (Drake). Your can't just have a song on your album and all of the radio is going to play it.
Well yeah sending a single to the radio is essential, I meant beyond that (sorry for the confusion, no sarcasm fr).

But tbh I don't think Twitter, Instagram, or an Apple radio show have a hand at all in the success of a single. A tweet or two ain't gon make a song more likable, you know what I mean? And if a song IS poppin on Twitter, it already made it you feel me?

The content has to be there, and I don't think any of the TLOP singles, Champions, PUTP, or whatever else had what it takes, and people are just trying to justify that with "poor promotion", which hardly exists imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,076 Posts
yefluence said:
Only? since when was bound 2 over the top promoted this ***** released a video and perform it once on Fallon. There's not a ***** with a brain who thought bound 2 was about to be a #1 hit. You tried it though. :jordanok: :jordanlaff:
Hotline bling was released as a video only and wasn't even performed AT ALL, yet it was all over the internet and was a meme. It chart Where is kanyes #2 huh? Bound 2 was the highest peaking song off the whole album. Kanye obviously thought it was good enough. How about he can't make hits anymore, or are you just that delusional of a stan? YOU TRIED THO :jordanlaff:
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top