Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into a big argument with my friend when i said that normal muslims suffer a lot from terror acts because they have nothing to do with it and then other people start to despise them and feel uncomfortable being around them. I told that the media has had a very big effect on this and in a negative way, because they make sure to point out when a crime is done by muslims.

Her arguments were that she's been to USA a lot and has seen how the attitude towards muslims has been very democratic and how in airports they control more white people than muslims. Then she said that newspapers take a object approach to islamic problems and that it's normal for some people to feel very uncomfortable among muslims ( mostly pointing out to the suburbs of London, and poorer areas where there are many muslims).


I'm trying my best to take an objective view of this thing. I would appreciate if you would give me your backed up argument and opinion on this matter, best case scenario if you've lived in an environment where there are muslims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,178 Posts
You can't really change her opinion on the matter, if she feels uncomfortable around Muslims nothing you can say will change that. I just find it amazing how if any non-white race or religion other than christian does something bad the entire race/religion gets a bad stamp on them. And gets targeted in the media as being bad and dangerous.

Shit the shooting in Arizona was done by a white guy but he just get classified as crazy. Any other race would of been a terrorist with radical beliefs. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,298 Posts
I AM muslim, ask me anything.

We get discriminated left and right actually.

A muslim man in my community back in 05 got robbed and killed because he was a muslim. Sad as fuck 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,872 Posts
Tbh its reversing. Now people are trying  so hard not to offend Muslims that they offend everyone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RelaxRelapse said:
Tell her Muslim isn't a race. It's a name for people who practice the Islamic religion.
Actually I don't really follow you at the moment, what exactly do you mean by it?

Spythe said:
You can't really change her opinion on the matter, if she feels uncomfortable around Muslims nothing you can say will change that. I just find it amazing how if any non-white race or religion other than christian does something bad the entire race/religion gets a bad stamp on them. And gets targeted in the media as being bad and dangerous.

Shit the shooting in Arizona was done by a white guy but he just get classified as crazy. Any other race would of been a terrorist with radical beliefs. 
I agree with you, there's nothing people can do if they feel uncomfortable around them but then again they would feel uncomfortable if they had to be around whoever in bad neighborhoods at nights.


Another question: How do you feel about people from different backrounds coming into a country and then are not willing to change their beliefs or manners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Not all muslims are bad, just like any group of people. They get discriminated against a lot because of their terror links but some muslims I've met/seen are stuck up and think they're better than any person of any race and religion.

There was was discrimination against black people, now muslims. I guess white people are next...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RaDar said:
I AM muslim, ask me anything.

We get discriminated left and right actually.

A muslim man in my community back in 05 got robbed and killed because he was a muslim. Sad as fuck 
Do you feel that media has had a big negative effect on that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
91,083 Posts
OhDatsYourGirl? said:
Not all muslims are bad, just like any group of people. They get discriminated against a lot because of their terror links but some muslims I've met/seen are stuck up and think they're better than any person of any race and religion.

There was was discrimination against black people, now muslims. I guess white people are next...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OhDatsYourGirl? said:
Not all muslims are bad, just like any group of people. They get discriminated against a lot because of their terror links but some muslims I've met/seen are stuck up and think they're better than any person of any race and religion.

There was was discrimination against black people, now muslims. I guess white people are next...
probably the worst thing is that the amount of "bad muslims" covers about 0.00001% of all..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,245 Posts
Northern Lights said:
Tbh its reversing. Now people are trying  so hard not to offend Muslims that they offend everyone else.
But, that's more of a... What's the word? Well, it's something done to make Muslims seem even more at fault, irritating, etc. It provides people with more excuses to hate us.
For example, a local council will decide a group of people cannot do something an say "in case it offends Muslims." The response would be "bloody Muslims always ruining things."

So it's another method of causing tensions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,872 Posts
OhDatsYourGirl? said:
There was was discrimination against black people, now muslims. I guess white people are next...
Are you seriously comparing discrimination against black people with discrimination against Muslims? that's just ridiculous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BobSmith said:
But, that's more of a... What's the word? Well, it's something done to make Muslims seem even more at fault, irritating, etc. It provides people with more excuses to hate us.
For example, a local council will decide a group of people cannot do something an say "in case it offends Muslims." The response would be "bloody Muslims always ruining things."

So it's another method of causing tensions.
"Muslim discrimination still alive they just be concealing it?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Northern Lights said:
Are you seriously comparing discrimination against black people with discrimination against Muslims? that's just ridiculous.
Did you see me make any comparisons? It was simply a statement.

Think before you post next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,298 Posts
ivey said:
Do you feel that media has had a big negative effect on that?
Yeah of course. For example, I remember watching FOX news. Everytime they were talking about terrorism they showed a bunch of muslims on the street, with the headscarves and everything. They even play the muslim call for prayer sometimes. Just to get people scared. Tell me last time you saw someone joke around saying "Allah Huakbar".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,178 Posts
OhDatsYourGirl? said:
Not all muslims are bad, just like any group of people. They get discriminated against a lot because of their terror links but some muslims I've met/seen are stuck up and think they're better than any person of any race and religion.

There was was discrimination against black people, now muslims. I guess white people are next...
LMAO white people will never be next, you every hear a stereotype about white people? They are the people causing every thing. Next on the chopping block is Mexican which is already in full force.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89,167 Posts
i wish people will discriminate whites or even catholics for once....seriously i want to feel the hurt that muslims feel every day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,872 Posts
Not really though. I could say their are Muslim terrorist groups (which is true) and people would label me racist and I would be scolded for offending a muslim. Then I could go and say something about another group of people and their would be way less backlash.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,245 Posts
ivey said:
probably the worst thing is that the amount of "bad muslims" covers about 0.00001% of all..
Since the dawn of Hollywood, and even the media, an underlying factor/contributor has been providing a negative view of Muslims. There are many movies where the bad guys are Arab/Muslim. It creates a negative stigma. Coupled with that, there's the desensitisation aspect. When the "Muslim" bad guys die, there's a sense of relief. So when it occurs in real life, people are almost immune to it. To them, a Muslim is no longer a person such as themselves. They're less than that, they don't mean anything.
You'll regularly here "1,000 people from (Muslim area) died" in the news, and the story will last a minute. Someone puts a cat in a bin, and it's front page news for more than a week.
 
1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Top