Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought it'd be a good idea to outline the differences between the leaked "og" versions compared to the ones we already had. please dont ban me if this is not allowed :ohno:

17 vs Coming Down
Second verse is completely redone

Wild Love (OG) vs Wild Love (Single Version)
OG has Weeknd vocals at 1:53 - 1:57 not heard on final and the mix is different

Attention (Leak) vs Attention (Album Version)
The bridge (1:56 - 2:20) is completely different, and the adlibs on the final hook are also different

Crew Love (Demo) vs Crew Love (Take Care Version)
Demo has second Abel verse, while album version has Drake verse

Glass Table Girls (Demo) vs House of Balloons/Glass Table Girls (Album Version)
Different instrumental and completely rerecorded

Airports vs The Party & The Afterparty
Airports uses the same lyrics as The Afterparty, however is re-recorded and on a completely different beat

6 Feet Under (Leak) vs 6 Feet Under (Album Version)
Different beat and different vocal take on the hook. Leak also has no Future

6 Inch Heels (Demo) vs 6 Inch Heels (Lemonade Version)
Abel has 2 verses on the demo. Belly does what Beyonce would do on the final

Rockin' (Leak) vs Rockin' (Album Version)
The leaked version does not have the drum loop at the beginning (0:00 - 0:16)

I Feel It Coming (Leak) vs I Feel It Coming (Album Version)
On the first hook of the album version, Weeknd says "I Feel It Coming, I Feel It Coming, Babe" 4 times. On the leaked version, Weeknd says it 2 times on his own, the 3rd time with Daft Punk background vocals and the 4th time Daft Punk says it. At 2:40 on the demo, The Weeknd has an adlib saying "yeah, hey!" which is not on the final.

Birds (Demo) vs The Birds Part 1
Beat is similar, sounds like an early version. Vocal take also sounds like an early take, with Weeknd mumbling through some lines - finding flow.

The Fall (Demo) vs The Fall
Beat is completely different. Demo is not finished, just has Weeknd's hook on it, with empty beat. Hook vocal takes are different than album version.

Gone (Demo) vs Gone
Beat is pretty much the same. Vocals are similar, but distinct lyric differences at places like 1:45 - 2:15 (time taken from final). Instead of the beat switch halfway through, the original beat rides for about 3 minutes, meaning Abel may of intended to lay another verse.

The Host (Demo) vs X.O./The Host
No X.O. half. The Host lyrics are similar but there are some distinct lyric changes. There is an extra minute or so after where the final finishes which is pure beat. Beat is very similar.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
the host (demo) has a piano playing throughout and abel mumbles the album versions lyrics

·
Registered
68,087 Posts
Airports beat gives me a headache its sooo bad

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
number21000 said:
Like the snippet of fall demo just as much as the song itself tbh
true, it's so relaxing. that and the town demo are perrrffect

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
if anyne has a collection of all these leaks, i would highly appreciate it. been way too busy with finals to spend time looking for this

1 - 20 of 33 Posts