Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the perfect solution for you! /infomercial mode off

https://soundcloud.com/yeezus-edits/black-skinhead-snl-edit-higher

Somebody took the parts of the SNL version that added the energy the original track, and put it on the new version. It felt so weird to listen to it without the screaming, and this fixes it and addes the echo parts back in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pesos said:
the "new" Black Skinhead. live performances are ALWAYS different from the studio counterpart.
Yeah, I know, but the new version of New Slaves was better than SNL which was good, but the new Black Skinhead took out the screaming for no reason. How are we supposed to pardon him while he gets his scream on if he doesn't?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ATLien said:
Exactly what I was looking for. I'll check it out when I get home.
Enjoy man, I've gotten used to the new version of it too, but just hearing silence where the screaming is supposed to be puts me off. Almost as much as "Uh huh honey" puts me off in Bound 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,286 Posts
Drums should have been more hard & present like the SNL version. Screams should have been more loud & echoing also like the SNL version :kanyeshrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,278 Posts
I'm either listening to the SNL or the CDQ. Don't want edits.

Props to the guys who are working on all the edits tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
50Tyson said:
Drums should have been more hard & present like the SNL version. Screams should have been more loud & echoing also like the SNL version :kanyeshrug:
I can't ask the guy as I was shown this at 3 in the morning and don't have any way to contact him, but the only way he could make the drums stronger is if he did it in the beginning. If he tried to put in the old drums, it would've conflicted with both the old kanye and new kanye's voices. It would sound pretty weird if you had strong drums at the start, then went to softer drums
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
glitch said:
cdq screams at 0:19 the GOATEST

goosebumps for days, makes it sound fuckin wild
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I don't think even in the SNL version Kanye screams at that point or he'd be out of breath before he even starts the song 2 seconds later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Doshmas said:
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I don't think even in the SNL version Kanye screams at hat point or he'd be out of breath before he even starts the song 2 seconds later
nah sorry might be misunderstood. talking about the chick or w/e thats in the sample, not really caring too much about kanyes screams tbh. although could sound more aggressive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,286 Posts
Doshmas said:
I can't ask the guy as I was shown this at 3 in the morning and don't have any way to contact him, but the only way he could make the drums stronger is if he did it in the beginning. If he tried to put in the old drums, it would've conflicted with both the old kanye and new kanye's voices. It would sound pretty weird if you had strong drums at the start, then went to softer drums
Nah I meant the drums/screams should have been stronger in the album version. The one you posted is an improvement though imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
glitch said:
nah sorry might be misunderstood. talking about the chick or w/e thats in the sample, not really caring too much about kanyes screams tbh. although could sound more aggressive
Yeah, I can see that. I don't like the new Kanye on Yeezus being much more aggressive either but I figured if the whole album is aggressive, make one of the most aggressive songs even more aggressive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
50Tyson said:
Nah I meant the drums/screams should have been stronger in the album version. The one you posted is an improvement though imo
Ah, I see what you mean now, I was getting confused because everyone keeps bringing up the CDQ and thought you meant the drums on the new edit weren't good enough. My bad
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top