Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen so many people talk about how the use of auto tune on 808s was different because he used it as a tool to bring out emotion and stuff and they're all interesting ideas I just say, but I've never actually heard Kanye saying any of that. I only remember him saying that he likes auto tune and that the DRUMS evoke emotion but never the auto tune

G

·
Secrecy said:
Can't remember any specific ones and I'm too lazy to search for any sorry, but I do think he has said it before. Does it really matter though? If people interpret his use of autotune as making him sound more cold and robotic which I think it does, then they can.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ThePie said:
Can't remember any specific ones and I'm too lazy to search for any sorry, but I do think he has said it before. Does it really matter though? If people interpret his use of autotune as making him sound more cold and robotic which I think it does, then they can.
It's just that Kanye has a way of taking things that everyones looking deep into and then saying "Oh I just thought it was cool" or "It felt like the right thing to do" but not give any real meaning to it

·
Registered
916 Posts
Secrecy said:
It's just that Kanye has a way of taking things that everyones looking deep into and then saying "Oh I just thought it was cool" or "It felt like the right thing to do" but not give any real meaning to it
I think it's mostly because 'Ye isn't that talented of a vocalist and he wanted to sound decent while singing, plus autotune was incredibly hot at the time in popular music.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
karmakid3000 said:
I think it's mostly because 'Ye isn't that talented of a vocalist and he wanted to sound decent while singing, plus autotune was incredibly hot at the time in popular music.
Well that's the obvious but people keep talking ab

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
karmakid3000 said:
Well that's the obvious but people keep talking about the deeper meaning and analyzing it.. It makes sense when they do but I never heard him confirm it

·
Premium Member
47,257 Posts
Secrecy said:
Ive seen so many people talk about how the use of auto tune on 808s was different because he used it as a tool to bring out emotion and stuff and they're all interesting ideas I just say, but I've never actually heard Kanye saying any of that. I only remember him saying that he likes auto tune and that the DRUMS evoke emotion but never the auto tune

Don't know if this is any good or not.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
:facepalm: does anyone even know what "symbolism" means. Auto-tune in this album was just a theme for the album. Something like the artwork is symbolism, The song Coldest Winter is symbolic. Auto-tune is a theme.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Eezy said:
:facepalm: does anyone even know what "symbolism" means. Auto-tune in this album was just a theme for the album. Something like the artwork is symbolism, The song Coldest Winter is symbolic. Auto-tune is a theme.
the different voices in Blame Game during Kanye's second verse can be seen as different voices in his head. I know it's more so distortion instead of auto tune but still. That's symbolism.

I'd have to listen to 808s again to remind myself of what he did.

·
Registered
372 Posts
just skimmed through a few tracks and I wouldn't say it's symbolic of anything. he doesn't use autotune just by itself, majority of the time he adds an effect on top of it. it's done in an artistic way to give off a feeling - a mood, really. that's how I feel about it.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
pesos said:
the different voices in Hell of a Life during Kanye's second verse can be seen as different voices in his head. I know it's more so distortion instead of auto tune but still. That's symbolism.

I'd have to listen to 808s again to remind myself of what he did.
You mean Runaway? I still think that distortion isn't symbolic it just creates a TONE. A sound of lament and sadness. 808s is all autotune so it's a theme of the album.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Eezy said:
You mean Runaway? I still think that distortion isn't symbolic it just creates a TONE. A sound of lament and sadness. 808s is all autotune so it's a theme of the album.
sorry I meant Blame Game.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Eezy said:
exactly. "lament and sadness". I called it a "mood"

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
I think he used them so he wouldn't sound too bad while singing. I think Kanye is like me in a way, he wants to sing but he sounds awful. Lirl. It was probably to bring out emotions too I guess.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Chilla said:
I think Kanye is like me in a way, he wants to sing but he sounds awful.
thiss

Kanye just cant sing :kanyeshrug:

Every once in a while the dude will hit a good note, but he aint no MJ. He NEEDS autotune.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.