Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason the scene at the end with LITW and him running to the Phoenix was distinctly emotional for me. I didn't cry, but it certainly hit pretty hard, especially watching it again.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ryno said:
It was emotional for me too, and I think we owe that to the greatness that is LITW. Its incredible.
After I hear it more, and on the album, it may be his best song ever for me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
best scene in the movie. it totally changed my views about the movie. the song fit so perfectly. the way it started slowly and then the beat kicked in and sped up as he woke up and started running and then he joins in on the chorus and then "your my heaven your my hell". it was genious.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
haha. Same. I got choked up not during the scene. but just a sec. before i felt it might end. and then it hit the credits. "RUNAWAY". And i was like <:-o. lol. Shit was emotional.

·
Registered
10,121 Posts
Ok this is too much. I understand being Kanye fans and all, but for real, crying over Kanye West falling in love with a birdlady just cause the colors are vivid are a bit too much even for the stans.

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
I felt emotional during Hell of a Life cause I knew how it felt to be sitting in front of a turkey when you're pretty much the same thing.

:problem?:

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Yeah I did, the song is near perfect for what he was going through last year.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
freebread said:
crying over Kanye West falling in love with a birdlady just cause the colors are vivid
yep. it was meant to be taken as literal as possible. The whole story was about what you said. And in no way shape or form is it supposed to relate to anyone on a personal level. 

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Imagine if this movie didn't star Kanye, just Selita, the rest of the cast and someone taking Kanye's place. Not being a stan or anything... but this story is beautiful. A phoenix falling to Earth to teach a human being about morals, a human falling in love with the phoenix and going back to where she came from because of all the hate from the world. It's a beautiful story, you can't just say "Oh it's a Kanye movie, you're stupid for crying and you're just a stan.."

If this movie was full length with better acting, I guarantee it would win an Oscar.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
Imagine if this movie didn't star Kanye, just Selita, the rest of the cast and someone taking Kanye's place. Not being a stan or anything... but this story is beautiful. A phoenix falling to Earth to teach a human being about morals, a human falling in love with the phoenix and going back to where she came from because of all the hate from the world. It's a beautiful story, you can't just say "Oh it's a Kanye movie, you're stupid for crying and you're just a stan.."

If this movie was full length with better acting, I guarantee it would win an Oscar.
Agreed, it was really beautiful. Its a great story.
Dont that have a short film category for Oscars? I wonder if it can even get nominated? be epic if it did.

·
Registered
84 Posts
honestly at the beginning of every song in the movie (aotl, litw, etc. and especially dark fantasy) i got a ton of goosebumps, i like needed to keep replaying it cause it was so epic

this is gonna be the best album of all time, and that doesnt mean it needs to sell a million copies because only few people can actually understand the art of what kanye does... but im sure it will be the best selling album of 2010 cause honestly recovery was probably really good (i dont like eminem so i really dont know) but just compare that to MBDTF and think of which one is and will be better

1 - 20 of 80 Posts