User Battle Tags:
Eno- Eno#1420 Monk -On at server launch
Chrisdacrook- BasedGod#1845 - Demon Hunter -On at server launch
Brkclothing- Brkfox#1368 DemonHunter -On at server launch
Catatafish- Catatafish#1138
bedroomer- ShineALight#1500 -On at server launch

Diablo: Wrath (animated short)

D3 Information:

-Although the party limit has been reduced to only 4 players (down from 8 in D2), having a pool of players will allow us to have multiple games going at different times with the same folks.

-Having a pool of players also allows us to sync with each other during different time periods. Ideally, there will always be members of the group online to team up with, no matter what time you're on.

Alright, I'll be editing this post later if there are interested folks! Good luck, and happy prepping!

Dev Diary (talking about inferno difficulty)

Auction House:

There will be two auction houses, one where in-game gold is used to purchase items, and a real money auction house.

Gold Auction house:

-Blizzard will deduct 15% from all purchases in the gold auction house.

Real Money Auction House:

-Hardcore characters are unable to use the RMAH

-Maximum listing price for one item is $250, and you will be able to list 10 items at a time (on either AH)

You can have your proceeds transferred to your paypal account(15% fee on transferred amount), or you can have them transferred to your battle.net account, where you can use them to purchase future items, or spend them on other blizzard games.

FEES:

The following fees take place AFTER your item is sold:

-FOR EQUIPMENT (weapons, armor, accessories, and other unique items)

Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price
Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): $1.00 USD per item / $1.00 AUD per item
Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred

-FOR COMMODITIES (gems, materials, dyes, pages, recipes, and other non-unique items)

Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price
Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): 15% of final sale price
Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred

More info here about the auction houses here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/how-to

LAUNCH DAY PREPARATION GUIDE: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5338015/Launch_Day_Preparation_Guide-5_7_2012#blog

As we near Diablo III's long-awaited May 15 launch date, we have some additional details to share on what to expect, how to prepare, and when you'll be able to begin installing and playing.

Purchase the Game
If you haven't already purchased Diablo III you can acquire it directly from Blizzard through the digital presale. You can also preorder the game at most major retailers and fine purveyors of high-quality gaming products worldwide. If you're interested in the Diablo® III Collector's Edition, please be aware that this physical retail-only edition is printed in limited quantities and has already sold out in most places that take preorders on games. We recommend calling around and checking if your local retailers will have the Collector's Edition available.

Create Your BattleTag™
We expect that on launch night both the game service and website will be under very heavy strain due to the immense number of people excited to be among the first playing Diablo III. With that in mind, we highly recommend you create your BattleTag now, as it's required to play Diablo III. Please keep in mind that this non-unique nickname is a permanent choice, and will display both in-game and on the website, so be sure to choose one you like! (What is a BattleTag?)

Regional Launch Times
As previously mentioned in the announcement of our midnight launch events, the launch time of the game is broken down by region.
The Americas (U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia) servers open at: 12:01 a.m. PDT, May 15

Digital Presale Download
If you've purchased a digital copy you can begin downloading your client right now, and we highly encourage you to do so. We also have a Diablo III presale visual guide available that may be helpful. As it may take you some time to download the full game, it's best that you begin early. This may afford you additional time to troubleshoot any downloader or installer issues you may encounter.

Early Install
We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

Global Play Launch Time
We'll be turning on Global Play when the game has launched in all regions. This means that you will not be able to play in a region outside your home region until after the Americas' midnight launch at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15. We'll provide an update once Global Play is enabled, and you'll then be able to change the region you connect to through the game's options. Please note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions and players who use Global Play to connect outside of their home region will only be able to access the gold-based auction house. More information can be found in our Global Play introduction article.

Launch Night Login
As we've unlocked the Diablo III installer early, many people will be ready to log in right when the servers go live at midnight, so we're going to be closely monitoring the impact on the service. It's possible we'll need to adjust the rate at which we're logging people in to ensure a stable experience, and if we do you may see a delay when attempting to login. Please be aware that a delay of up to 40 seconds is possible while the game attempts to connect you. If your connection doesn't succeed in 40 seconds, you'll be presented with an Error 37 message and asked to try again. If you see this error it does in fact mean that you should try again. We'll be working around the clock to keep you informed of any issues that are occurring through the in-game breaking news window, as well as the official forums.\

Characters

Monk:

Wizard:

Barbarian:

Witch Doctor:

Demon Hunter:

Eno's Recruiting info: Alright folks, Diablo 3 is right around the corner, and I'm looking for other players that plan on putting maximum time and effort into the game. As tough as Diablo 3 will be (and from what I'm hearing, it will be VERY tough), I feel as though having a squad of elite players will minimize the player-destroying aspect of the game that's been steadily hyped.

I already have a few folks that I know will put in work, and I'm looking for more dedicated people. If you fit one or more of the following criteria post here with your planned class.
Another option is to add me on skype (Enoallday)- telling me who you are, and telling me you're interested in becoming part of the group, and I'll add you.

Required Criteria:
- I plan on putting a large amount of time/effort into Diablo 3 bearing any unforeseen circumstances.

One or more of the following:
-I have extensive experience with Diablo 2- I've made at least one character that I've leveled to 90 without hacking/modding
-I can show/prove that I am willing to put many hours of time into a game (with evidence), and I plan on doing the same with Diablo 3
-I have extensive RPG experience, and I plan on applying it to Diablo 3
-I have done research on Diablo 3, and already have an idea on the specifics of my build
-I am willing to learn the specifics of my class, in addition to learning more information about Diablo 3 that I may not have known (by reading news articles, visiting the website, etc.)

Goals:

-To create a pool of dedicated players, that will act as a resource to each individual member of the group. Knowing your teammates, and knowing that your teammates aren't scrubs, will allow for a better playing experience, and you'll be able to get things done faster and more efficiently.

-To have fun!

-To maybe even make money?!

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Damn homie you may be taking this a bit serious, I'm looking foward to D3 also, already played every class in beta and ready to get down. Shit is gonna be amazing, pretty funny to see everyone on this site on games they are told to like.

And YES make lots of money already got a decent idea on what to aim for.

·
Registered
26,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spythe said:
Damn homie you may be taking this a bit serious, I'm looking foward to D3 also, already played every class in beta and ready to get down. Shit is gonna be amazing, pretty funny to see everyone on this site on games they are told to like.

And YES make lots of money already got a decent idea on what to aim for.
I have no beta access
:cryfam:

If you're trying to squad up, let me know. What class are you going to run?

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Eno said:
I have no beta access
:cryfam:

If you're trying to squad up, let me know. What class are you going to run?
I'm gonna play a DH by far my fav class, Monk and Barb are also really fucking cool. I already have a few people I plan on playing with from my wow days but the more the better, I will add you to my battle tag thing once it goes live. What class did you plan on playing?

·
Registered
26,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spythe said:
I'm gonna play a DH by far my fav class, Monk and Barb are also really fucking cool. I already have a few people I plan on playing with from my wow days but the more the better, I will add you to my battle tag thing once it goes live. What class did you plan on playing?
Monk. I have 2 people, looking for a 3rd at the moment.

So far our confirmed classes are Monk and DH.

·
Registered
26,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nefari said:
Haha this sounds cool wish I had enough time to participate. D2 was my shit, played for around 2 years daily =/.
I remember those days. Fun stuff. It'll be a lot harder this time around though (or so the devs say).
Apparently they've really emphasized team-play this time around, and if your team isn't cohesive, you'll get killed pretty quickly.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Eno said:
Monk. I have 2 people, looking for a 3rd at the moment.

So far our confirmed classes are Monk and DH.
2 people is all you need really, I don't plan on playing with a full group 24/7. Mobs difficulty change depending on how many people are in your group. And Bliz claims Inferno is going to take months to clear, BUT WE WILL C ABOUT THAT. I plan on going hardcore but mainly to make some extra money from it, the real life AH is gonna be nuts for the first month before it evens out. And a Bliz employee also claimed "gold" is the most valuable resource once you get to harder modes because you have to repair so much so planning on getting +gold finding and just sell gold.

sitrix said:
I'll try it out. I got it for free part of the WoW annual pass. Already got it preloaded just waiting for May 15th
Same just waiting, and you get int he Mist of Pandrea beta? Was hoping to play that for a little bit before D3 comes out. The annual pass almost feels like a waste of money if that expo doesn't come out before the end of the year

·
Banned
4,170 Posts
Spythe said:
2 people is all you need really, I don't plan on playing with a full group 24/7. Mobs difficulty change depending on how many people are in your group. And Bliz claims Inferno is going to take months to clear, BUT WE WILL C ABOUT THAT. I plan on going hardcore but mainly to make some extra money from it, the real life AH is gonna be nuts for the first month before it evens out. And a Bliz employee also claimed "gold" is the most valuable resource once you get to harder modes because you have to repair so much so planning on getting +gold finding and just sell gold.
Same just waiting, and you get int he Mist of Pandrea beta? Was hoping to play that for a little bit before D3 comes out. The annual pass almost feels like a waste of money if that expo doesn't come out before the end of the year
nah man. I started a new account it's just over a year old. So Im still waiting for beta access. I did get the pass hours after it launched, but guess that doesn't matter. Lol

·
Registered
26,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spythe said:
No RMAH in hardcore :/. Otherwise I'd go HC as well.

I thought mobs just got a +75% HP increase for each person in-game? That might not be that big of a deal compared to the benefit of having an extra person. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
sitrix said:
nah man. I started a new account it's just over a year old. So Im still waiting for beta access. I did get the pass hours after it launched, but guess that doesn't matter. Lol
Yeah they claim its completely random, guess they were not lying about that. 550,000 passes are already out which I'm guessing is close to half of all the annual pass buyers. I know they said they got over a million like a month ago

·
Banned
4,170 Posts
Spythe said:
Yeah they claim its completely random, guess they were not lying about that. 550,000 passes are already out which I'm guessing is close to half of all the annual pass buyers. I know they said they got over a million like a month ago
as long as the annual pass subscribers get it before beta opt-ins we should be alright. Most of pandaria and the new bgs/raids/dungeons are still not unlocked anyway.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Eno said:
No RMAH in hardcore :/. Otherwise I'd go HC as well.

I thought mobs just got a +75% HP increase for each person in-game? That might not be that big of a deal compared to the benefit of having an extra person. I could be wrong though.
Man I only gonna play HC for fun, def focusing on a normal toon for most of the game. And I actually died on my Wizard in HC mode in the beta. I was being dumb but it was pretty funny, those molten bats are no joke. I will try to find some of the developers video where they are talking about how hard the game is gonna be. But you have to remember these guys are normally terrible at the game.

·
Registered
26,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you get randomly selected for the Beta? I signed up but they never got back to me :/

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
1 - 20 of 899 Posts