1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Banned
10,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Release Date
NA - 8/23 -- EU - 8/26

Story
It's 2027, 25 years before Deus Ex. Nanotechnological augmentations have yet to be developed and biomechanical augmentations are the current state of the art. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a private security officer with Sarif Industries, a leading company that specializes in human augmentations. After he witnesses a chilling attack on his company which leaves him horrifically injured and forced to undergo augmentation to survive, "the conspiracy begins."

Adam will visit five cities over the course of the game, including Detroit, Shanghai and Montreal. In addition, the protagonist will have his own apartment where he may store his secrets and collected information. The events in the game will lead to the formation of UNATCO from the original game.

Gameplay
Deus Ex games revolve around tactical gameplay that allows players to make critical choices at any moment. The different "pillars of gameplay", as called by the developers, are Combat (all-out attack with weapons), Stealth (infiltration without being noticed or by quietly disabling enemies), Hacking (hacking devices and picking locks to find hidden resources and paths or manipulate machines to your advantage), Exploration (finding alternate routes to your objective by using the environment and information you discover), and Social (conversing with people in the world and manipulating them to your gain). Players can switch between these gameplay types whenever they please, and certain pillars may flow into others. For example, a failed hack may sound an alarm and start a fight, and exploration might lead to the discovery of a stealthy way past the area's enemies.
The player can also make mechanical augmentations that cater to each of the five gameplay types. While the player character is highly capable of bringing death on his enemies, the player is never forced into acts of lethal violence. Augmentations, while enhancing the player's performance in each of the gameplay types, also allow players to craft their own methods of play should they see fit.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
I'm buying this, kinda wish something like Mass Effect was this deep.

I love that universe and I'd want to explore more of it, but the way it's going it's main emphasis is now the action

Probably going to go as much stealth as possible my first playthrough

G

·
Looking forward to this alot. Haven't played the first one though even though I heard it was one of the GOAT PC games :cryfam:

I'm gonna try to snag a copy soon.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
mordeaci said:
Looking forward to this alot. Haven't played the first one though even though I heard it was one of the GOAT PC games :cryfam:

I'm gonna try to snag a copy soon.
It's also on the PS2, but I'd play it on the PC if you have the chance. 

It's great game, and way ahead of its time, some say it's aged pretty bad, but I still enjoy going back to it

·
Banned
10,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yesss Deus Ex was wayyy ahead of it's time... avoid the 2nd game though....

anyway I love what they're doing here, seems like they're really developing the world and trying to flesh out a solid story add to that the variety in gameplay and RPG elements and you have a fuck awesome game.

·
Banned
10,256 Posts

·
Banned
10,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
was in a gamestop yesterday and heard someone call it Doos Ex

i was like >___________________________>

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
CoreyMV said:
was in a gamestop yesterday and heard someone call it Doos Ex

i was like >___________________________>
haha I'd normally avoid Gamestop like the plague, but they got the best pre-order stuff I've seen for Deus Ex, so I got my copy there

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
WESTNINE9 said:
That's what I've been calling it. :ohno:
How's it pronounced?
Day-us Ex?
Ive pronounced it as Doo Ex as it kinda looks like the French word Deux. The woman in the video pronounces it weirdly.

·
Banned
10,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Martyr said:
i wouldnt mind trying this but its first person, i really dont like first person games
give it a rent (or wait till the price drops) and try it out, all the other gameplay mechanics should help ease the pain of playing a FPS.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts