Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first like most of you I laughed at his freestyle because he was seemingly mumbling a melody and not really saying anything. But then I checked the genius page....
http://genius.com/Desiigner-xxl-freshman-freestyle-desiigner-lyrics
Shit is deep af tbh

Timmy Turner is a 10-year-old boy from the cartoon, The Fairly Odd Parents in which he is able to wish for anything he wants.

In this case, Desiigner is wishing for a gun to take down the competition.

The reference to Fairly Odd Parents is also a metaphor for life in the ghetto. In the show, children with tough lives get assigned Godparents. Desiigner is saying that kids in the ghetto have it rough and they wish for guns to make their lives easier.
He's discussing and speaking on mass shootings. "Timmy" is a typical Caucasian name, as white people are typically the perpetrators in mass shootings. He uses Timmy turner as a way to show that one may have friends, family, a good life, and have everything they wish for, however they just want to watch the world burn. That fire hatred in their hearts may in fact lead them into performing heinous acts, until they perish. and eventually suffer in hell, hence the "you know that his soul in the furnace".

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
The school shooter shit is so  obvious

G

·
pull up with them bands like i wished for them, Timmy Turner
strike em with the wand like i gotta fulfill requests for them, well here's the burner

·
Registered
35,205 Posts
We're supposed to believe this is the same thought process as the dude who said
Black X6, Phantom
White X6, panda
Pockets swole, Danny
Sellin' bar, candy
Man I'm the macho like Randy
The choppa go Oscar for Grammy
Bitch ***** pull up ya panty
Hope you killas understand me