Registered
63,528 Posts

·
Registered
63,528 Posts

·
Premium Member
232,799 Posts
I was kinda the same way at 22 but now at 26 I have a grea job in a new state, a great new car and pretty content with everything. Just work hard and you'll be rewarded.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
21 is very very young still - people tend to think that they must have their life together before the age of 30.

You have time my friend I believe in you :)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Quit moping. quit feeling sorry for yourself. If you have depression and anxiety, it fucking sucks. But that's the cards you've been dealt, now play them the best you can. You are 21. You have a whole life in front of you

·
Banned
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Man said:
I was kinda the same way at 22 but now at 26 I have a grea job in a new state, a great new car and pretty content with everything. Just work hard and you'll be rewarded.
How is your social life? This is honestly the source of all my problems, I have no close friends. Has caused me to fail classes, depression and anxiety. I'm thinking about moving to a new city, but I'm terrified of being alone

·
Banned
12,791 Posts
I was in your same position for the entire of last year. Things do get better. Put in the work and you'd be glad you did.

·
Registered
63,681 Posts
ScottT said:
Quit moping. quit feeling sorry for yourself. If you have depression and anxiety, it fucking sucks. But that's the cards you've been dealt, now play them the best you can. You are 21. You have a whole life in front of you

·
Registered
952 Posts
TheNotorious said:
Life past me. I faded into obscurity and now I have nothing. No girl, no friends, no job, no money all at the age of 21. [...] I am further and further away from my family because of my depression and anxiety. [...] I'm too old.
Wtf op you're young as fuck. You're not a lost cause, you're just doing everything all wrong. When you are depressed you need to move closer and closer to your family because they are the only people who will go out of their way to help you get back on your feet. Don't even feel self concious about asking them for help, that's what family is for.

Money, girls, and sometimes friends will all come to you if you get a job. I don't know what your education situation is like, so my advice may or may not apply to you, but having a degree doesn't make you too proud to do minimum wage jobs. Just get a job, literally anything, just so you can get out of the house. Having a job will help you meet new people and keep your pockets lined. If you don't have a degree, just keep working until you have some money saved up for you to take some classes.

I know of a kid who is in your shoes, but he can't get a job because of his criminal record. The only thing I can advise if you are in this situation is that you can't give up and you just gotta apply to everything you can find. Someone will hire you if you try.

·
Registered
35,967 Posts
TheNotorious said:
How is your social life? This is honestly the source of all my problems, I have no close friends. Has caused me to fail classes, depression and anxiety. I'm thinking about moving to a new city, but I'm terrified of being alone
Well look at this way. If you truly feel alone now then what's the harm in moving and being alone?

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
TheNotorious said:
Listen... my advice to anybody 17-19 is that those years are CRITICAL for your life, keep ppl around you. Stay in touch. Don't be like me, I wish I could go back. Once you hit your 20s, it's really hard to recover from the loss of time. I'm too old.

Whatever you do, don't be like me. Don't allow yourself to fade into obscurity,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts