Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Also "now everything I'm rhyming on cause of Ramadan".. no but I'm aware this was Mos Def's influence, don't shoot me

·
Registered
23,454 Posts
Illadelphica said:
Look up noi its kindof a cult that alot of people in innercity black people joined malcolm x was killed by them after he left
I've heard of it and kinda know what it is and am familiar with Malcolm X. I'm not thaaaaaat informed about it though but I know it's cultlike. But I also reckon that to actually be in it you're not going to be a outspoken christian and a public figure at that too. I guess?

·
Registered
71,327 Posts
Nation of Islam? What grade you get in Geography b?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Fam said:
I've heard of it and kinda know what it is and am familiar with Malcolm X. I'm not thaaaaaat informed about it though but I know it's cultlike. But I also reckon that to actually be in it you're not going to be a outspoken christian and a public figure at that too. I guess?
Yeah it's definitely cult like. It's loosely based on islam but has a bunch of crazy shit about black people being aliens and shit. Malcolm X got out of there cause it was becoming too crazy and many ppl think they were the ones who assassinated him

·
Registered
410 Posts
Its the Nations Of Gods and Earths who refer to each other as 'Gods', not the Nation Of Islam. Everyone from Wu Tang to Nas to Jay z have taken and implemented some of their teachings or saying in their rhymes. This is where the notion of calling oneself 'God' comes from i'm sure you've heard the likes of Raekwon and Nassay 'Peace God' and Rakim was one of the first to use it in a context to call himself in rap terms.

·
Registered
410 Posts
And how many of the Soulaquarians were even in the Nation Of Islam?

Certainly not Erykah Bady, or D' Angelo.

And hes only affiliated with one or two members of that loose clique. By the time Kanye was coming to prominence the group and that type of music was slowly fading out.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Francisco Mandarin said:
You know damn well none of these cacs on here know anything about the NOI :hah:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts