Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This probably has already been posted, but what did you guys think about DEHH Review of Yeezus.
Here's the link for those who haven't seen it. It's roughly around 19 minutes long, if you don't want to watch it ; what they've basically said that the album was a struggle all around. Production wise, bar wise, and promoting wise. They just vented and ranted the whole video. I agree on some points, disagree on most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34hHBsmSYJ0

·
Registered
471 Posts
People like them really don't understand the whole concept of this album genre wise.. This is not a stand alone rap album and its not trying to be.. its a hybrid of many genres trap/dance. Its only gonna be when people realise this they will be able to just accept it and appreciate it!

·
Registered
77,950 Posts
George said:
People like them really don't understand the whole concept of this album genre wise.. This is not a stand alone rap album and its not trying to be.. its a hybrid of many genres trap/dance. Its only gonna be when people realise this they will be able to just accept it and appreciate it!
Sounds like they understood it pretty well

·
Registered
71,327 Posts
Ken's so old

·
Registered
44,074 Posts
Surprised DEHH review ain't got as many pages as the needledrop one. I guess it's because they don't give it a number rating.

·
Registered
69,822 Posts
i didn't like the "review" they didn't really review it just compared it to other albums and said Ye copied and bashed on his lyrics even though it's okay for 2 chainz to "do his thing" on his album. kind of annoying tbh

·
Registered
69,918 Posts
I Love You said:
i didn't like the "review" they didn't really review it just compared it to other albums and said Ye copied and bashed on his lyrics even though it's okay for 2 chainz to "do his thing" on his album. kind of annoying tbh

·
Registered
24,998 Posts
The main two points I got out of their review were

-The album sounds like shit
-It's a complete Death Grips ripoff

Here's the thing. The first point is totally fair. Subjective, but fair. They're entitled to it. The problem is that the second point is so irrational and hyperbolic that it undermines the first point. If they're so deaf they think Guilt Trip and Blood on the Leaves sound like Death Grips, how great can their musical palette really be? Who are they to say that the album is poorly done?

Industrial hip-hop has been around since the early 00s anyway, I'm tired of people acting like Death Grips invented shit when all they really did is take something a step further that was already in existence. El-P, Cannibal Ox, Dalek and Company Flow paved the way for them, but it's not possible that Kanye has heard any of those artists, nor that the album could possibly be informed by albums he's already made, like Cruel Summer and 808s. Nope, just Death Grips, all the way through. Forget that there isn't a beat on the album as overstuffed as Get Got. Having heard everything of theirs since Exmilitary, I doubt that Death Grips will ever show as much restraint with their beats as Kanye does on New Slaves, and that personal touch is what separates musicians from thieves.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
It's a good review and was directed to the KTT fam. I can't stop listening to the album myself but it doesn't compare to MBDTF. I have a feeling his next album will feel like MBDTF and have better features. Being a Kanye fan I love this album. If i wasn't, I'd question it myself. The media likes this album because it's unique to them. DEHH review went a little too technical but yeah. Technically, the album is terrible for the production. <3 Kanye

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
3rdCoast said:
Surprised DEHH review ain't got as many pages as the needledrop one. I guess it's because they don't give it a number rating.
Are you suggesting that people have to actually watch the review :he:

·
Registered
44,074 Posts
everyed said:
Are you suggesting that people have to actually watch the review :he:
:hah: I doubt even 70% of the people in the needledrop thread actually watched the review though. Just the rating.

·
Registered
887 Posts
3rdCoast said:
It had like 20 some pages but got locked

1 - 20 of 32 Posts