Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
naw.. I can see why you think that.. but naaw. it was probably a beat from the first stage of their album where it was epic but inhumane and unrelateable

·
Registered
270 Posts
ManicMojo said:
Okay since WTT thread is locked and I have no more entertainment :cryfam:
Remember that dark, distorted beat that played at the beginning of the documentary? People described it as "What hell sounds like".
It probably isn't on the album but it did sound pretty bad ass.
I was listening to Radicals and I couldn't help but notice Leatherhead sounds exactly like it. Maybe not exactly, but yes, very close, for the people who loved that sound.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kanye and Jay were bumping it. They're both fans of Tyler. :work:

[youtube=220,25]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysOgLzKV4eY[/youtube]
Leatherhead is a heavy sample of Leather Prowler by Liars
It's essentially the song with Tyler rapping over it

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iwannabetheguy said:
Leatherhead is a heavy sample of Leather Prowler by Liars
It's essentially the song with Tyler rapping over it
Ah thank you, I was looking for that.

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
dp16 just said it was a sample from the album slowed down. that's probably all it is

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drop.out said:
dp16 just said it was a sample from the album slowed down. that's probably all it is
As long as it's somehow on the album, then good.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I wish they made a song with that beat.
With low pitched voices. it would be scary.

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
ManicMojo said:
Okay since WTT thread is locked and I have no more entertainment :cryfam:
Remember that dark, distorted beat that played at the beginning of the documentary? People described it as "What hell sounds like".
It probably isn't on the album but it did
sound pretty bad ass.
I was listening to Radicals and I couldn't help but notice Leatherhead sounds exactly like it. Maybe not exactly, but yes, very close, for the people who loved that sound.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kanye and Jay were bumping it. They're both fans of Tyler. :work:

[youtube=220,25]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysOgLzKV4eY[/youtube]
How do you know they are fans of Tyler?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
This damn beat has been stuck in my head for days now too. I was shooting stuff for a documentary I'm doing and all I could think of was this fucking beat when I was recording, despite the fact it wouldn't have fit at all :(

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
SuperDuper_C said:
This damn beat has been stuck in my head for days now too. I was shooting stuff for a documentary I'm doing and all I could think of was this fucking beat when I was recording, despite the fact it wouldn't have fit at all :(
I disagree.  It could be a documentary about how to make throw pillows, put that beat on the soundtrack and you'd get jacked up.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hova said:
How do you know they are fans of Tyler?
Kanye praises Tyler, and Jay Z wanted to sign them. So, fans of music and the business aspect of it as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts