Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
73,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.manolith.com/2011/07/23/dave-chappelle-booed-offstage-at-charity-event/

Whatever the case may be, Chappelle was booked for an Alonzo Mourning charity gig, and upset at an audience member who was recording him - proceeded to go 46 minutes talking without telling a single joke. 46 minutes. Do you know how hard it is for someone who's a comic to go 46 minutes without cracking a single silly? It has to be a willful act of malevolence. He had to be angry at an audience for a CHARITY event.

·
Read Only
73,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YoungMan/OldMind said:
Misleading thread title tbh
yeah i know. he really didn't get booed at all, which is why i put quotation marks around the word in the title.
blog post and other people considered it as being booed tho, so :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
From what I know about Daves post Chappelle Show stand-up, keep in mind I've never actually seen any live of it live, he doesn't really have an act at the moment. He just kinda does stream of consciousness stuff for the hour or whatever he's on stage, sometimes it working, sometimes it not working

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
YoungMan/OldMind said:
From what I know about Daves post Chappelle Show stand-up, keep in mind I've never actually seen any live of it live, he doesn't really have an act at the moment. He just kinda does stream of consciousness stuff for the hour or whatever he's on stage, sometimes it working, sometimes it not working
Yeah but I would have killed to be at 8(?) hour show he did at the Comedy Show a couple of years ago.

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
You know it's no secret that Lauryn Hill and Dave Chappelle have grown close over the years, and their expressed disillusions and eventual retreats from the entertainment business have been very similar. I remember Lauryn once saying 'it's more important to be righteous than right'. In my mind, Dave forgot that and instead chose to stand up for himself in an inopportune moment. I get that he was upset that his act was being taped, and ideally no one would tape a comedy show without prior approval. However, he was at a charity event, and he should have gotten on with the show instead of, basically, pouting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts