Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
The robot delivered a bomb which then detonated where the suspect was. The robot looks like this.

So is this the beginning?

When police officers can't make good judgement, and when suspects are unpredictable, maybe only a rational robot that cannot die and is not controlled by emotions can make the right judgement.

tbh I think far less black people would die if they talked to robots unless they were programmed to be racist of course. What's your opinion?

Registered

it's a glorified remote control car

you ain't gonna have it policing anybody or having suspects talk to it

Banned
The bomb was brought by the shooter and exploded by the robot or it was brought by the cops? Extra crazy if the latter

Registered
but yeah obv robots would probably be better except they can be hacked, glitches could occur, and giving them the means to lethal force is a huge risk.

might still be better than humans. hard to say tbh

Banned
Discussion Starter #14
CT said:

it's a glorified remote control car

you ain't gonna have it policing anybody or having suspects talk to it
Ah yes.
I remember when I said that in 2006 about drones. Everyone was like "oh, they are just for surveillance, they will never be advanced enough to do drone strikes."
In an age of self driving cars and police cars are filled with technology to detect suspects and analyze them you don't think the last step to make the judgement call will not be done by robots eventually?
Reminder, this call would not be up to the police. Congress could simply enforce it if they find that robots make better decisions and if that's what people want.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts