Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"When I was on drugs, I became this character, I liked feeling free and feeling unstoppable.”  - XXLmag interview.

Cudi wanted to write a dark, angry album right?
So to get into character he's living that lifelstyle, coke. jail. trash talk ect. "RAGIN".
With his life going so great and the success he was having, it'd be tough for him to write a whole dark themed album and it sound/feel genuine.

In a couple interviews iv'e seen he's "done with that shit" and moving on, being there for his family.
Anyone notice he decides to do this, right after his album is supposedly finished?

Cudis just trying to put out a real album for his fans.
Doing what an actor usually does, starts to live the character they will play.
Respect this *****. going through this shit, just so he wont let us down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
wow. sounds convincing even tho i doubt it he did it just for the album. Probably used that as an incentive to do it lol. I really think cudi is one of the few creative artists we got in the main industry i hope he doesnt get all coked up again.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I actually like this point of view, especially considering Cudder wanted to be an actor first, so putting himself into the role of the rager would make sense.

Howeverrrr, I tend to want to disagree with this, because it makes more sense altogether that being the dude he was, with the problems he had, he got into harder drugs and a more party oriented lifestyle naturally, rather than forcing himself into that to make a real album.  Remember how he was gonna make a collab album? He said his life was so fucked up at that point that it didn't feel right, and he switched modes.  He's also cited that he wants to do some rock, etc.  Kinda livin out the rockstar life nowadays...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think its more likely that cudi is writing the songs based on what he's been through. Not just going through all that shit so his songs are real. haha

·
Registered
42,115 Posts
Mr Rager said:
I think its more likely that cudi is writing the songs based on what he's been through. Not just going through all that shit so his songs are real. haha
"I live life through words, not metaphors."

·
Registered
355 Posts
thats untrue , even last year in his complex interview  he said that he is scared fame might surprise him like other people who began doin coke  , thats what eventually happened , no conspiracy theories here ...
and i like cudi and i hope hes off that coke shit ,

this thread seems poor

1 - 20 of 31 Posts