Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the listening session that just happened, does anyone find it interesting that literally no one reported/ reviewed any details about cudi's vocals and hardly anything about Hudson?

·
Registered
94,502 Posts
24 said:
After the listening session that just happened, does anyone find it interesting that literally no one reported/ reviewed any details about cudi's vocals and hardly anything about Hudson?
well cudi prob has very minimal vocals on the joints hes suppose to be on... more like background stuff... hes prob barely noticeable... and nobodys said much about hudson cuz we already know hes singing the hook and we know the lyrics to the hook cuz its basically re-singing a sample so there is nothing really to report about it... just like beyonce's hook isnt really a hot topic or "lift off' in general tbh

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
TheRocket64 said:
well cudi prob has very minimal vocals on the joints hes suppose to be on... more like background stuff... hes prob barely noticeable... and nobodys said much about hudson cuz we already know hes singing the hook and we know the lyrics to the hook cuz its basically re-singing a sample so there is nothing really to report about it... just like beyonce's hook isnt really a hot topic or "lift off' in general tbh
do we have a confirmation on Hudson resinging the hook? I though they used the sample

·
Registered
94,502 Posts
Don C. said:
do we have a confirmation on Hudson resinging the hook? I though they used the sample
i thought that they had hudson singing the hook instead of having that "chipmunk" sample chopped up vocal on the hook?? isnt that wat everyone said it was gonna be?? im confused now :mindfk:

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
TheRocket64 said:
i thought that they had hudson singing the hook instead of having that "chipmunk" sample chopped up vocal on the hook?? isnt that wat everyone said it was gonna be??
thats what I thought of people were speculating, but idk if we have that confirmed  yet.

·
Registered
94,502 Posts
Don C. said:
thats what I thought of people were speculating, but idk if we have that confirmed  yet.
well wasnt there a review by someone where they quoted the hook hudson sings and it matched the sample lyrics?? im pretty sure of this but dont have any specific source/link to prove it... :ohno:

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
It hasn't been confirmed. And the version in the documentary still had the original sample, but to be honest, I could not tell if it was Hudson singing it or not. One second I can clearly say it is the original, the other I think It's Hudson.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
ManicMojo said:
It hasn't been confirmed. And the version in the documentary still had the original sample, but to be honest, I could not tell if it was Hudson singing it or not. One second I can clearly say it is the original, the other I think It's Hudson.
it's probably some kind of indistinguishable blend that will be argued about for until they interview Mr. Hudson and he tells us.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Don C. said:
it's probably some kind of indistinguishable blend that will be argued about for until they interview Mr. Hudson and he tells us.
Probably, just like Paranoid? Isn't Cudi and Hudson singing, I can not tell at all. On the other hand, when you listen to Dark Fantasy, I can clearly hear Cudi singing. So :kanyeshrug:

G

·
I wish there was a Cudi x Legend hook on the album... Those are amazing.

I got the world in my hands, the master plan...

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Kingly said:
I wish there was a Cudi x Legend hook on the album... Those are amazing.

I got the world in my hands, the master plan...
Christian Dior Denim Flow.  :allears:

Probably not, but something good enough.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
ManicMojo said:
Probably, just like Paranoid? Isn't Cudi and Hudson singing, I can not tell at all. On the other hand, when you listen to Dark Fantasy, I can clearly hear Cudi singing. So :kanyeshrug:
Cudi is on Dark Fantasy lol? I haven't looked at my booklet in a while. Is he under Vernon? But yea I can hear on some songs, but not on others. Like I can tell where everybody is on AOTL.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Don C. said:
Cudi is on Dark Fantasy lol? I haven't looked at my booklet in a while. Is he under Vernon? But yea I can hear on some songs, but not on others. Like I can tell where everybody is on AOTL.
lol Yeah, listen to the "Can we get much higher?" he's the deepest voice going, "oh, oh, oh, oh oh".
It's how they're blended pretty much. So if they did blend the voices on "I love you so", Hudson will just add a texture to it. It'll be woman + man.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
ManicMojo said:
lol Yeah, listen to the "Can we get much higher?" he's the deepest voice going, "oh, oh, oh, oh oh".
It's how they're blended pretty much. So if they did blend the voices on "I love you so", Hudson will just add a texture to it. It'll be woman + man.
wait cassius is a woman? i thought it was that man with the long hair ye was talking around with at the cannes festival

·
Registered
336 Posts
Honestly, music is so loud in these listening sessions that these people really ain't catching as much as they think.

So things such as background vocals would easily be overlooked.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Don C. said:
In the documentary it sounded exactly like the sample in the Cassius song, so I was thinking Hudson could possibly have a bridge somewhere or something. Either way, we'll find out Monday.

·
Registered
336 Posts
karmakid3000 said:
In the documentary it sounded exactly like the sample in the Cassius song, so I was thinking Hudson could possibly have a bridge somewhere or something. Either way, we'll find out Monday.
Remember, when DWo and Carrelu (sp?) went to the listening session Hudson hadn't been added to Why I Love You yet. I think this was a recent decision, so he could be singing the hook.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts