Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just going through Jimi Hendrix' catalogue and I came across a realization. Cudi has related himself to Hendrix before. Of course he isn't on the same pedestal as Hendrix, but he likens himself to hm in uniqueness and being a pioneer in a new sound. On Cudi's first album, MOTM.... I felt he was close to achieving that goal. Of being a true pioneer in this new alien sound. It seemed at the time he could only go up.

So look at me assuming MOTM II would be a continuation of the MAGIC that The End of Days was. Instead he severely limited himself. Rock is cool yes, but only if you're good at it. LUpe tried it and made a few nice songs, but he wasn't rly good at it. Wayne had his style (I digged Revolver, Fuck Today, and a few others) and it kinda worked but I hope he never does it again. If anyone could bang out rock, it would be Cudi right? No... MOTM II was an overall disappointment. It isn't a bad album, it just deteriorated the image many of his fans had of him.

I dont rly care if i'm flamed, just speaking my mind. BUt does anyone else agree with my vision for Cudi?

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Its pretty cool how you tried to conceal the main intentions of thread by veiling it with a Jimmy Hendrix comparison. :epic:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Vigor said:
So I was just going through Jimi Hendrix' catalogue and I came across a realization. Cudi has related himself to Hendrix before. Of course he isn't on the same pedestal as Hendrix, but he likens himself to hm in uniqueness and being a pioneer in a new sound. On Cudi's first album, MOTM.... I felt he was close to achieving that goal. Of being a true pioneer in this new alien sound. It seemed at the time he could only go up.

So look at me assuming MOTM II would be a continuation of the MAGIC that The End of Days was. Instead he severely limited himself. Rock is cool yes, but only if you're good at it. LUpe tried it and made a few nice songs, but he wasn't rly good at it. Wayne had his style (I digged Revolver, Fuck Today, and a few others) and it kinda worked but I hope he never does it again. If anyone could bang out rock, it would be Cudi right? No... MOTM II was an overall disappointment. It isn't a bad album, it just deteriorated the image many of his fans had of him.

I dont rly care if i'm flamed, just speaking my mind. BUt does anyone else agree with my vision for Cudi?
I see what you're saying and I'm not gonna flame you because I disagree but I think people have confused "bad" with "different". MOTM2 was not the ideal album nor the most perfect album and it was very different then MOTM1. I think a lot of fans that liked Cudi on MOTM1 thought the second installment of the series would be similar but Cudi was dealin with tough stuff when he was workin on MOTM2 and had a lot of stuff going on in his life. I personally like MOTM1 more but MOTM2 is still pretty good. Theres only one song I don't like on there and I accept that it's not perfect. I think if there is any artist in the game that is in the hip-hop/rap genre that attempts to move to rock music, Cudi will be the one to achieve success by doin it. He will be the one to pull it off and I think he can do it. I'm not just sayin that cuz I want him to succeed and I want him to pull it off, I think he already uses a lot of rock influences in his music and he can sing pretty well, his lyrics always have great meaning and with his and Dot's musical talent combined, I don't think you can go wrong. Although, PITW wasn't my favorite, I really like the sound of Rocket.

G

·
MOTM2 >>> MOTM

:sarc2:

It's more personal and not full of spacey stuff. MOTM is good for what it is. AKNC was like a mix of both MOTM albums. My anticipation goes to MOTM3, because it could possibly be the AKNC return we've craved.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
MOTM2 > MOTM.

I'm not saying MOTM is bad though, They're both epic.
and guess what, I'm pretty sure Wizard < MOTM.
Doesn't mean it's bad. Shit will still be cool.

·
Banned
32,125 Posts
motm = motm 2 tbh

i love both equally. motm had more standout tracks..motm 2 was a better "complete album" experience

·
Premium Member
9,732 Posts
This has been discussed a lot before but again I think if you don't feel what he's saying or have an open mind to music you probably wont like motm2. I consider motm2 almost better then motm1 but the diffrence is there's more songs and more songs that arent up to par for the rest of the album but there's only a couple.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Vigor said:

wow dude i'm sorry but you're one ignant ass *****. MOTM2 was a rock album???? i hope u arent serious with that shit. literally the ONLY song that could even come CLOSE to being rock-ish was Erase Me. i literally have no clue what ur talking about. go back and listen to the album bro.

MOTM2 >>>>>>>>>> MOTM1.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
oh and also ive been thinking about it, and i think a lot of you have a very warped idea of what Wizard will be like. i seriously doubt it will be a full-fledged rock album in the likes of wayne's Rebirth- it will be rock influenced, more specifically, psychedelic rock influenced, and i think that's dope to be honest. if you like the way GHOST! and We Aite sound, you'll like the way the album sounds imo.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
motm2 was about as rock influenced as motm1 was... By that I mean, it isn't anymore rock'ish than the previous effort. However my post wasn't just about the legend of mr. Rager, it was about cudi's progression as an artist as a whole. Aknc and motm1 were (for lack of a better word) magical. Motm2 was a drop in quality in production, emotion (just because it was darker doesn't mean it was more introspective... If anything it was extrospective), and catchiness.
I like motm2 a lot. I've completely exhausted his first album so motm2 is all i put in my mixes nowadays. Im nOt tired of mojo so dope yetyet and im deeply infatuated with trapped in my mind (because it sounds like a magical, creative motm1 track... So does maniac actually). But it just misses the magic to make it a classic like motm1 was. I have little to no faith in wizard thanks to the decline in quality of motm2 and pitw

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Vigor said:
motm2 was about as rock influenced as motm1 was... By that I mean, it isn't anymore rock'ish than the previous effort. However my post wasn't just about the legend of mr. Rager, it was about cudi's progression as an artist as a whole. Aknc and motm1 were (for lack of a better word) magical. Motm2 was a drop in quality in production, emotion (just because it was darker doesn't mean it was more introspective... If anything it was extrospective), and catchiness.
I like motm2 a lot. I've completely exhausted his first album so motm2 is all i put in my mixes nowadays. Im nOt tired of mojo so dope yetyet and im deeply infatuated with trapped in my mind (because it sounds like a magical, creative motm1 track... So does maniac actually). But it just misses the magic to make it a classic like motm1 was. I have little to no faith in wizard thanks to the decline in quality of motm2 and pitw
hmm that's interesting. but then what do you think of tracks like GHOST!, which, in my opinion at least, are even more "magical" (i get what ur saying with that word..... like very innovative/next level/crazy creative/unique) than some of the tracks on motm1? or do you disagree that songs like GHOST! are next-level?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GHOST! took time to grow on me but I like it a lot now. I just rarely have any desire to listen to it annd actually cant tolerate it for too long lol. It isn't easy on the ears... but it is a good song and I understand it. It's weird like "heaven at nite". But the latter is a much deeper and more cohesive song.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
M said:
Not gonna happen, everyone should learn that Cudi never repeats himself.
This is very true. He may change some of his style and but keep some of his old style. Like at one concert, he said he was gonna go back and listen to everything on MOTM1 and use the best parts of his style from that time and incoorporate it MOTM3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts