Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a jog. Listened to "Heart of a Lion", gave me the idea for this thread.
I have to say the song mentioned probably touched me the most. Being the "baby of the family" for many years, there have been many times when I've been underestimated or respected less than I like. And it's a paradox, because my peers and friends treat me with respect and actually hold me to a leadership role; I often rally those to my cause and get people enthused about things (hey I'm the original "leak anticipation" type thread starter here in the Cudi section). But my family on the other hand, still see me as little Jussy (my name is Justin). Its been a personal fight for me and this song spoke volumes on that subject.

There are more things that spoke to me in this song. Such as how he's been tempted by the devil, which he references in every verse. I too have sinned and done some things I'd rather not talk about; due to the situations I've put myself in. It's like that Jay Z song in "Free Mason"...
"amazing that I made it through the maze that I was in
Lord forgive me I never would have made it without sin"

But the overall message I get is to bring the energy or vigor from within... OUT... and "show a side of
me no one had thought could be within"

Touching song...  :dno:
Also GREAT to jog to!

What's yours?

·
Registered
34,767 Posts
In terms of actually relating to a song, probably Man on the Moon (I guess that will be a lot of people's choice) just because quite a lot of the time I feel like people don't really 'get' me as a person.

·
Premium Member
122,085 Posts
4 songs touch me the most; man on the moon, do it alone, solo dolo and all along off his new album

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
Up Up & Away .. gives me a lot of motivation to just live my life like i want and give a fuck what other people think

1 - 20 of 48 Posts