Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CRYSIS 3​

First screens and details released

After some fun with leaks, EA and Crytek have officially announced Crysis 3, which they describe as "the premier sandbox shooter experience of 2013."

Powered by CryEngine 3, Crysis 3 "advances the state of the art with unparalleled visuals and dynamic shooter gameplay," the developer claims.

The third game sees players take on the role of Prophet as he returns to New York, only to discover the city's been encased in a giant Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation

"The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers," the official blurb reads. "Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders.

"This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet."

Set in 2047, Prophet is said to be on a "revenge mission" after uncovering the truth behind Cell's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. "The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces," says EA.

"In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet's quest for retribution."

EA's confirmed a special edition of the game, which grants early access to the new signature bow weapon, among other goodies.

Crytek CEO, Cevat Yerli says of the game: "Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love.

"Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we're able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game."

E3 Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

Teaser Trailer

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bust said:
Am I the only one that thought Crysis 2 was doodoo butter?
No lol, it was very mediocre imo. I'm hoping it'll be third time lucky as I also thought Crysis 1 wasn't great but I kinda like the whole premise of the games. I'm a sucker for alien invasions even though they've been done to death.

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
KanyeToThe said:
No lol, it was very mediocre imo. I'm hoping it'll be third time lucky as I also thought Crysis 1 wasn't great but I kinda like the whole premise of the games. I'm a sucker for alien invasions even though they've been done to death.
yeah i'm the same way with zombies lol

I wish they would announce Fallout 4 :cryfam:

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bust said:
yeah i'm the same way with zombies lol

I wish they would announce Fallout 4 :cryfam:
Same :cry: There was a two year gap between FO3 and NV so maybe we'll get an announcement soon :ohno:

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
KanyeToThe said:
Same :cry: There was a two year gap between FO3 and NV so maybe we'll get an announcement soon :ohno:
Do you think it will come out next gen because they just released Skyrim not too long ago

if it is :bye:

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bust said:
Do you think it will come out next gen because they just released Skyrim not too long ago

if it is :bye:
That's a good point actually as I think Bethesda GS (who did Skyrim), and not Obsidian (who did NV), will be developing FO4.

If so :bye:

but if it's dope, it'll be worth the wait and if it's on nextgen I'm sure it'll be damn amazing :datass:

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
KanyeToThe said:
That's a good point actually as I think Bethesda GS (who did Skyrim), and not Obsidian (who did NV), will be developing FO4.

If so :bye:

but if it's dope, it'll be worth the wait and if it's on nextgen I'm sure it'll be damn amazing :datass:
but I can't wait that long :cryfam:

I need to start playing Skyrim again lol

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bust said:
but I can't wait that long :cryfam:

I need to start playing Skyrim again lol
Me neither tbh lol need my fallout fix. May start a new NV playthrough even tho I've finished it 3 times :hah:

Skyrim is dope as hell also, you played it much?

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
KanyeToThe said:
Me neither tbh lol need my fallout fix. May start a new NV playthrough even tho I've finished it 3 times :hah:

Skyrim is dope as hell also, you played it much?
yeah I used to play it a lot but I find myself wanting to start over a lot because I don't like my character or something. I've started over like 4 times lol.

still haven't beat NV :ohno:

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bust said:
yeah I used to play it a lot but I find myself wanting to start over a lot because I don't like my character or something. I've started over like 4 times lol.

still haven't beat NV :ohno:
Yeah lol I did that a couple times as well. The main quest is a little short but there's so many side quests and misc quests it'll keep you playing for ages after lol there's a lot of content.

You should go and finish NV bro!

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
KanyeToThe said:
Yeah lol I did that a couple times as well. The main quest is a little short but there's so many side quests and misc quests it'll keep you playing for ages after lol there's a lot of content.

You should go and finish NV bro!
Yeah I really should, what system do you have them for?

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
KanyeToThe said:
PS3 brah, you?
same, but I have a 360 as well...

I REALLY want to build my own PC and play Skyrim on that.. Heard it was amazing on PC with all the mods

1 - 20 of 88 Posts