Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time in 3 years(i'm 17), and it wasn't even for a good reason. I'm not some wannabe badass that thinks it's unmanly to cry, to start things off. I feel down a lot, but not like this...

A year ago today, I decided to quit smoking weed. I had been doing it at least twice a day for just under a year. I'm an honors student as well as a 3(about to be 4) year varsity wrestler, so I felt it was a good decision, a real positive move in my life. Since then, things have changed drastically. I get a long a lot better with my parents, I've been more motivated both in school and wrestling.

But I started thinking back today, home alone, listening to Charles Hamilton. I lost practically all of my friends over a good decision...They continue to smoke weed everyday, recklessly and all. I guess ever since I stopped smoking, I realize how risky some of the things I/we did were. Anyways, that got me in a bit of a gloomy mood.

After that...I started thinking of all the blown chances I had back when I did smoke. I had the fucking girl of my dreams, who I talked to off and on for about 3 months, head over heels for me. Yet I fucking blew her off to smoke with my friends countless times, got tired of her "bitchy" texts about me blowing her off, then broke things off.

I have nobody to fucking talk to about it. I lost all of those friends, although I still have several friends I hang out with here and there. None of them would be comfortable with me talking to them about it. I also have a few friends that probably would hear me out, but they are also heavily practicing Christians that have multiple times just pretty much tried to point me in the direction of religion...

...Anyways, just thinking about it just continued to snowball, until I broke.

I don't expect anyone to actually read this, just needed to get it out. And I know my life isn't shit, but I guess everyone breaks at some point...

·
Registered
89,167 Posts
Dude you know you will end up as a better person later in life then the people who continue to smoke and act like douches and what not. Much respect nonetheless.

inb4iknowthatfeelbromeme

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
Hk said:
Find new friends. If your "friends" can't accept your changes, then whats it worth to be around them?
Agreed. Anyone who refuses to be your friend really wasn't one to began with. You're better off without fickle one dimensional people like that.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
seems like your life has gotten a lot better , do you drink? I'm sure you could still hang out with those friends that smoke weed and drink with them. I stopped smoking weed over a year ago , but all my friends still do. I still hang out with them when I drink with them

·
Registered
15,236 Posts
I wouldn't agree with your decision but I would respect it, and it sounds like you needed to distance yourself from it tbh. Your friends sound more like drinking buddies. Once you stopped doing the shit that you guys always did together, you realize how weak the friendship was.

Try to move on and get new friends.

·
Premium Member
22,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LehZeR said:
seems like your life has gotten a lot better , do you drink? I'm sure you could still hang out with those friends that smoke weed and drink with them. I stopped smoking weed over a year ago , but all my friends still do. I still hang out with them when I drink with them
I have Crohn's Disease...drinking would fuck my stomach up big time :/

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
.peW said:
I have Crohn's Disease...drinking would fuck my stomach up big time :/
oh idk what that is , but in my case those friends are pretty shitty friends anyway so I wouldn't worry about losing them. The changes you've made in your life will probably help you find a good girl too. You could probably even try to get back with that other girl by telling her how you've changed and realized you were wrong to end it

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Hk said:
If your "friends" can't accept your changes, then whats it worth to be around them?
^ this

If it makes you feel any better I think looking back in 10 years you'll be really proud of yourself for deciding to quit. You sound like you've got stuff you're talented at (school wrestling) it would suck to look back and regret messing that stuff up too

·
Banned
3,776 Posts
You're far better off this way.
Keep your motivation and strive to become successful ahead of anything. Most of these people that drink/smokeweed/parties are scum with no aspirations in life. I disregard most of them after a party.

Lot of good personalities come with bad habits. Keep yourself surrounded with supportive/motivated people. Not only will you be much happier but your life will improve drastically.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts