Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just look at the picture for a tldr. The last comment is the cop.

The Overland Park Police Department has fired an officer following an investigation into a Facebook post he made from his personal social media account.

Lanaydra Williams lives in Dallas, TX, and tells KCTV5 she had a couple pictures posted to her personal Facebook account back in October 2014. About 11:50 p.m. Thursday she got a notification that a new comment had been made on them. That's when she read the comment that she found both horrifying and alarming.

"We'll see how much her life matters soon..better be careful leaving your info open where she can be found :) hold her close tonight, it'll be the last time," stated the post.

"I was upset because this is my child," Williams said. "If it had been me, it would have been different but this is my child."

The comment was posted hours after violence erupted in Dallas. At least one sniper shot 12 officers, killing five, during a protest over deadly police shootings of black men in other states.

Williams says she doesn't know anyone from Overland Park. She was shocked when she went to the man's Facebook page and found a picture of a police uniform.

"I saw that he was a cop and I was like, 'This is outrageous. This is not acceptable at all,'" she said.

OPPD launched an investigation into the post when Williams reported it.

"I immediately initiated an investigation into the officer's actions and requested it be completed in a timely manner," Overland Park Police Chief Francis Donchez Jr. said.

During an investigation by the department's Professional Standards Unit, Donchez said they learned his officer did in fact make the post.

"It was obvious that our officer did not meet the standards of professionalism for the Overland Park Police Department," Donchez said.

The police department immediately terminated the officer.
http://www.cbs46.com/story/32401238/overland-park-police-department-fires-officer-following-facebook-post

Now obviously this is a one-off case and most cops aren't like this, but it makes you think how many of these guys are out there. They should really put stronger psych evaluations in place so people like this can't get a gun and badge.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SAINT PABLO said:
What a dumb piece of shit

Glad he was fired but some legal action ahould bectaken as well...
But hey, all cops are saints. It's just the system's fault :oblivious:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
NegroKnight said:
That son of a bitch should be in jail wtf
this. he knows where they live and he threatened to kill them and has the means and training to do so and they just let him walk around free.

·
Premium Member
27,749 Posts
i don't understand the motivation for that. like what incited him to post that? the pictures were 100% innocent

even if he posted it just because he's a racist shit person, usually you'd keep that to yourself unless provoked to say it by something

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Jason. said:
i don't understand the motivation for that. like what incited him to post that? the pictures were 100% innocent

even if he posted it just because he's a racist shit person, usually you'd keep that to yourself unless provoked to say it by something
Dude was probably pissed about the cop killings and was feeling like an extra edgy asshole and let it out on this family

and he's also not right in the head

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jason. said:

dude commented on a 2 year old picture too

it's not like it just showed up on his timeline, he probably went looking for it or was creeping the woman's page

1 - 20 of 26 Posts