Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living alone for a while and need to cook my own dinners.

What's some tasty, healthy, and simple to make shit??

·
Banned
81,355 Posts
Hero said:
Mexican food.

Simple, easy, and cheap.
TrapHarder said:
Buy a rice cooker
alec said:
Stir fry is hella easy
SBMike said:
Chicken is easy af to cook fam. There's a lot of different recipes online just search that tbh.
RT

other things:

beans
cheap to buy in mass quantities, endless possibilities.

potatoes
another cheap item and super easy to cook. if push comes to shove just throw em in the oven as is for an hour and you got yourself a baked potato

onions
cheap + underrated af. can add a lil extra something to basically any dish. serve em raw on sandwiches or saute some up for burgers. stews, chilis, soups, rice, etc

eggs
staple breakfast food. can be expensive if you want higher quality eggs, but they're just so easy to cook. fried, hard boiled, sunny side up, omelettes, scrambled.. you can't go wrong and the possibilities are limitless.

herbs + spices
super important. some staples I like to keep around are:
-salt (if u dont keep salt around u dont deserve to eat)
-pepper (same as above)
-garlic powder (good with just bout anything)
-paprika (good w/ meats, potatoes, veggies)
-some sort of premixed seasoning like old bay (for when u dont feel like choosing specific seasoning)
-chili powder :)fire:)
-cayenne powder (different kind of heat. subtle but it's def worth getting)
-rosemary (good on chicken trust me ull thank me later)
-thyme

general tips:

it helps to go to the store with a plan on what you're going to make for the week.

don't buy too much fresh meat at once, and if you do, use it up ASAP. you can freeze unused meat but it drops in quality by quite a lot...

don't be afraid to try new things. i found a ton of stuff I didn't even know I liked at the store.

find a couple dishes you really like to make and just play around with them, add and remove ingredients. cooking is more than just following recipes, it's about making them personal.

also check out the WDYET thread for ideas n shit http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=594244.0

·
Read Only
36,701 Posts
You seriously can't go wrong with pasta.

Make a cheap home made sauce and your basically done.

I normally make it in bulk at the start of the week and then separate it into 5 meals for each day

·
Banned
35,917 Posts
bigmancam said:
RT

other things:

beans
cheap to buy in mass quantities, endless possibilities.

potatoes
another cheap item and super easy to cook. if push comes to shove just throw em in the oven as is for an hour and you got yourself a baked potato

onions
cheap + underrated af. can add a lil extra something to basically any dish. serve em raw on sandwiches or saute some up for burgers. stews, chilis, soups, rice, etc

eggs
staple breakfast food. can be expensive if you want higher quality eggs, but they're just so easy to cook. fried, hard boiled, sunny side up, omelettes, scrambled.. you can't go wrong and the possibilities are limitless.

herbs + spices
super important. some staples I like to keep around are:
-salt (if u dont keep salt around u dont deserve to eat)
-pepper (same as above)
-garlic powder (good with just bout anything)
-paprika (good w/ meats, potatoes, veggies)
-some sort of premixed seasoning like old bay (for when u dont feel like choosing specific seasoning)
-chili powder :)fire:)
-cayenne powder (different kind of heat. subtle but it's def worth getting)
-rosemary (good on chicken trust me ull thank me later)
-thyme

general tips:

it helps to go to the store with a plan on what you're going to make for the week.

don't buy too much fresh meat at once, and if you do, use it up ASAP. you can freeze unused meat but it drops in quality by quite a lot...

don't be afraid to try new things. i found a ton of stuff I didn't even know I liked at the store.

find a couple dishes you really like to make and just play around with them, add and remove ingredients. cooking is more than just following recipes, it's about making them personal.

also check out the WDYET thread for ideas n shit http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=594244.0
Fresh peppers are STUPID cheap, 2 large fresh jalepenos costed me 49 cent. You probably only need half or a third of a pepper per person.

·
Registered
63,528 Posts
Potatoes and onions :hhh:
Scrambles eggs with sausage patties :hhh:
Boneless chicken with peppers :hhh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts