Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Cudi'ites...

I'm a digital kind of dude. I have a zune and purchase my songs through there. But for the first time ever, I'm considering purchasing the CD so that I cna rip it as a lossless format. What's your thoughts on this?
Will I really really hear a difference? What's your experience with lossless audio verses 320kbps mp3?

Cudi opts for subtle strings and additions to his music. I feel I'd be missing something if I went with a lossy audio format.

I went to a studio in NYC for an American Gangster listening party. I.NEVER.HEARD.AUDIO.SO.CRISP.IN.MY.LIFE. Now of course that's because it's a $20,000+ speaker system! But that's what got this in my mind. And I think I'm finally ready to start going for lossless audio.


Your thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,767 Posts
Lalangan said:
I'll be buying the CD. Truest form imo and I like having a hard copy :dno:
Same for me.

To be honest I don't really tell much of a difference between digital and hard copy in terms of quality, I just like having the hard copy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
35,353 Posts
Lossless Audio with commercial headphones/speakers is a waste.

You can hardly tell the difference. 320kbps is usually ok for normal headphones/speakers.

I would still buy the CD if I were you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kidcudisdope said:
Lossy Audio with commercial headphones/speakers is a waste.

You can hardly tell the difference. 320kbps is usually ok for normal headphones/speakers.

I would still buy the CD if I were you.
My friend has a really good speaker around his house. Mid-November he's having people over for a chill time. Was gonna bump it then. Worth it?
He's got those really big speakers that push out booming ass sound.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
35,353 Posts
I meant lossless instead of lossy.  I have a 5.1 surround sound system and even that I can't really tell the difference. You're better off looking at audiophile forums. They know their shit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kidcudisdope said:
I meant lossless instead of lossy.  I have a 5.1 surround sound system and even that I can't really tell the difference. You're better off looking at audiophile forums. They know their shit.

I've found 320 to sound pretty damn good even on nice speakers. I think I'll just stick with that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
i never buy digital albums unless im completely unable to buy a hardcopy.
but i also havent really been buying any new releases in hardcopy form for the past year.
but buying hardcopy is a must if youre able to, digital copies arent the same. you cant hold the artwork in your hands and it isnt the same experience.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,824 Posts
Lossless (FLAC) takes a longer timer to download. I got shit to do, so I'm fine with 320 kbps. I'm an audiophile, but lossless doesn't make a difference until you are at NICE audio systems. I'm talking $1,000 on a system. And even then, you will only notice it on a FEW songs. Not worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GettinOutOurDreams said:
Lossless (AFLAC) takes a longer timer to download. I got shit to do, so I'm fine with 320 kbps. I'm an audiophile, but lossless doesn't make a difference until you are at NICE audio systems. I'm talking $1,000 on a system. And even then, you will only notice it on a FEW songs. Not worth it.

Hmm, I'll take this into consideration.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FudgeSupreme said:
I've used both and the ipod is much better
So have I. The zune software is more attractive and intuitive.
The zune player itself sports more features (HD radio) and a much better screen than the ipod (OLED). Not to mention the zunepass... $15 a month to download/listen to as much music as you can fit on your harddrive.
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top