Kanye to The banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sony Vaio had been having startup problems, and now it's asking me to restore. BUT MY TOUCHPAD ISN'T WORKING ENOUGH TO HIT RESTORE :fuu:

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found an old mouse, but I'm scared to restore it. :ohno: it doesn't look like a windows 7 popup thing. :ohno:

·
Premium Member
30,007 Posts
Delete the C:Windows directory. Joking, but restore to an update you had about two weeks ago. I doubt you know what the cause of the problem is, so do that. None of your files (music, videos, pictures) will be affected.

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hamington said:
Delete the C:Windows directory. Joking, but restore to an update you had about two weeks ago. I doubt you know what the cause of the problem is, so do that. None of your files (music, videos, pictures) will be affected.
It doesn't let me do anything. I'm on my phone atm. It's attempting repairs and won't let me cancel it. Should I restart?

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Something happened! :ohno:
It said it couldn't attempt a repair or something and shut itself off.
I hope you can tell I know absolute shit about computers. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
30,007 Posts
matt M said:
Something happened! :ohno:
It said it couldn't attempt a repair or something and shut itself off.
I hope you can tell I know absolute shit about computers. :laugh:
Well, I've restored several times and never had that happen. Try to restore again to another earlier point.

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hamington said:
Well, I've restored several times and never had that happen. Try to restore again to another earlier point.
I just turned it back on and now it's fine. :mystery:
I'll run a virus scan, then update. :work:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts