Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep seeing people posting their favorite kanye albums in order, and obviously the one that comes in last don't necessarily mean that its "bad" it usually means its not Ye's best work and a lot of people put GRAD last. idky but they do. well i've been a huuge fan of GRAD since it came out, and even after MBDTF came out (which i though was phenomenal) it still didnt compete with GRAD. aside from that album having such a big impact on my life in so many ways, its still to me his greatest creation ever. here's what Complex had to say about it... btw spoiler alert****its number 1!!!!!!! and MBDTF is #7...

"Tell me what it takes to be number one," the hook begs on "Champion." Well, just ask Mr. West. Honestly, Ye's latest solo album may be his most complete effort bar for bar. But this is also the album that made him hip-hop's leading man.

Think about it, Graduation had it all-an experimental Daft Punk-sampling hit record with "Stronger," "Can't Tell Me Nothing," which still basically functions as Kanye's mission statement, a synthed out banger that didn't need radio success to set it off in the club ("Flashing Lights"), and oh yeah, it even outsold 50 Cent when the Queens titan went head to head with Ye in a much-hyped release day battle. To put it plainly, Graduation made Kanye king. No cap and tassel needed. He took the crown.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/04/the-100-best-albums-of-the-complex-era/kanye-west-graduation

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shrug said:
It also has little to no consistency or overall theme.
are you kidding me????? yes all of his music is ahead of its time but GRAD is the one album that kanye has put out thats actually futuristic. thats its theme

·
Registered
17,871 Posts
Che said:
are you kidding me????? yes all of his music is ahead of its time but GRAD is the one album that kanye has put thats actually futuristic. thats its theme
Futuristic?
I guess that's a theme, but the other ones kind of tell a story, or a look on Kanye's Life.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ haha i wasnt tryna change your opinions i just wanted to make my case, thats all

·
Registered
17,871 Posts
Che said:
^^ haha i wasnt tryna change your opinions i just wanted to make my case, thats all
Although a lot of people put Grad at the bottom, a lot of people (like me) also love it a lot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i mean ya the rest told a story, but on this album it was just Ye having fun. thats why it like what.. 7 singles off the album. name another kanye album that has that many?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ ya but i liked this list because it wasnt just rap. there was every genre of music on there for the most part

·
Registered
30,708 Posts
first album i bought from kanye, didn't like it that much the first time i heard it but it became my favorite album after the sixth or seventh listen. still my fav from him

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Che said:
i mean ya the rest told a story, but on this album it was just Ye having fun. thats why it like what.. 7 singles off the album. name another kanye album that has that many?
808s but I get your point

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
The White Stripes' Elephant over In Rainbows? Take Care over Late Registration?

Complex clearly doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts