Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.complex.com/music/2012/09/on-cruel-summer-and-why-leak-night-is-better-than-release-day

That's what happened with Cruel Summer last night, but to be honest, it almost feels like we're burnt out at this point. Of course, we were online talking about the album, but there wasn't the mass hysteria that I remember from the night, say,Graduation leaked, and it's not because Cruel Summer isn't good. It is, but the news cycle is so insane now that after ripping snippets, reading and watching dozens interviews about album, and paying more attention to Kanye's Twitter than the election, we almost exhausted the Cruel Summer conversation before even hearing the album in full, and you could tell last night.

Simply put, record labels need to start dropping their tentpole projects on iTunes and Spotify on leak night. The audience and the artists are living in the future. Maybe the industry will catch up soon.​

what you guys think?​

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blurr said:
Dropping albums/singles on leak night actually sounds like a good idea..
The "On Air-On Sale" method didn't really work for Sony though. Only the big artists benefit from that.
exactly, just like what Frank Ocean did with Channel Orange, it works better i guess

G

·
YeezyDoesIT said:
They're right

the build up to this album was def exhausting, no1currs enmore
tbh Snippets should never come out before the album does either the Album should have came out one week before it was shipped.

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ChoppazOnDECK said:
really great article, I can't imagine how much it must have sucked having to wait so long for everything in the past
i woulda enjoyed that wait more i guess, knowing that its gonna leak kinda ruins it but i listen to it anyway lol

·
Banned
18,760 Posts
The WTT & CS eras have been so frustrating

1 - 20 of 22 Posts