Kanye to The banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Plot Description:
Justin Long and Emmy Rossum are star-crossed lovers whose relationship blooms and unravels over the course of six years in this mysterious, dazzlingly original romance. When a chance encounter brings together the cynical Dell (Long) and the quick-witted Kimberly (Rossum), the stage is set for a tempestuous love affair that unfolds like a puzzle. As the film zigzags back and forth in time—from a meteor shower in LA, to an encounter in a Paris hotel room, to a fateful phone call—an unforgettable portrait of a relationship emerges. Sumptuously shot and boasting incredible chemistry between the leads, Comet is a one-of-a-kind cosmic love story.​

·
Premium Member
41,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I noticed that there was no thread for this movie and felt it needed one after my second time watching it :sarc2:

This movie reminds me of a combination of 500 Days of Summer, Eternal Sunshine, and a bit of The Fountain all woven into one, while still being insanely unique.  Peep it right now if you like any of those movies.  It's on Netflix :work:

·
Premium Member
41,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious to see what other people's reactions to it are.  Especially the ending :khaled:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Derz said:
Curious to see what other people's reactions to it are.  Especially the ending :khaled:
Very underrated. I love this movie, cinematography is top notch and a very good plot, conversations between the main characters are amazing with quotes like:

If you think about it relationships are all totally narcissistic.
Basically, you're just looking for someone who'll love you as much as you love yourself. That's all it is.

Of course the movie is not perfect but I think it deserves more attention and I'm looking forward to watch the next movie by this director. Beautiful movie.
About the ending, well, imo they are in a pararell universe, that's why he says: "I don't belong in a world where we don't end up together" and you can see 2 suns at the end of the movie, so yeah, either this or a dream but definitely not this world.

·
Premium Member
41,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dani_46 said:
Very underrated. I love this movie, cinematography is top notch and a very good plot, conversations between the main characters are amazing with quotes like:

If you think about it relationships are all totally narcissistic.
Basically, you're just looking for someone who'll love you as much as you love yourself. That's all it is.

Of course the movie is not perfect but I think it deserves more attention and I'm looking forward to watch the next movie by this director. Beautiful movie.
About the ending, well, imo they are in a pararell universe, that's why he says: "I don't belong in a world where we don't end up together" and you can see 2 suns at the end of the movie, so yeah, either this or a dream but definitely not this world.
Yeah, I thought the dialogue was super dope too! :worship:

And interesting theory.  I think there's so many things in it that can be picked up with each viewing :khaled:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts