Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,776 Posts
It is a scam, but what you gon do about it.

I got financial aid, fully paid for both years at my community college.
Suckers.....

I see all my friends that went to BU rushing back to CC.

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Vitamin Water. said:
It is a scam, but what you gon do about it.

I got financial aid, fully paid for both years at my community college.
Suckers.....

I see all my friends that went to BU rushing back to CC.
Shit you aren't lying, I'm already in debt, about to get my degree in a few weeks and Sallie Mae gonna be knocking on my door like Jehovah's Witnesses.

·
Banned
3,776 Posts
Albert said:
Shit you aren't lying, I'm already in debt, about to get my degree in a few weeks and Sallie Mae gonna be knocking on my door like Jehovah's Witnesses.
Lmao.

Congratulations though.
I hope you already found or find a job soon.

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Vitamin Water. said:
Lmao.

Congratulations though.
I hope you already found or find a job soon.
Still searching, career services are helping students find jobs, but I took an extra initiative to search for jobs on my own.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Ye24 said:
but what about all the money you owe to the school. lol
Its an investment IMO

I was gonna write this long thing about potential earnings vs what you invest in your 4-5 year degree. But this quote sums up what I was gonna say lol "A college master's degree is worth $1.3 million more in lifetime earnings than a high school diploma, according to a recent report from the U.S. Census Bureau."

I would agree that the price of books/tuition ETC is a scam though. Books kill me, they make you pay $300 books for a book you never use that they say is "required" so the schools can get their reimbursements from the publiching companies smh

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
poor people don't really pay for college, so i'm not really sure why they always complain about how much it costs.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
NickyEyes said:
poor people don't really pay for college, so i'm not really sure why they always complain about how much it costs.
Like where the fuck do you get your information from? All your comments are dumb as shit and completely miss informed

·
Registered
87,464 Posts
The Webbinator said:
Its an investment IMO

I was gonna write this long thing about potential earnings vs what you invest in your 4-5 year degree. But this quote sums up what I was gonna say lol "A college master's degree is worth $1.3 million more in lifetime earnings than a high school diploma, according to a recent report from the U.S. Census Bureau."

I would agree that the price of books/tuition ETC is a scam though. Books kill me, they make you pay $300 books for a book you never use that they say is "required" so the schools can get their reimbursements from the publiching companies smh
yea i never buy books, either borrow someone i know or just go to the library, books are ridiculous...

im not arguing that college degrees get you more money its proven they do, but the way the economy is right now people are graduating and cant even find a job and now they are fucked because of the money they owe to school

·
Premium Member
47,257 Posts
You're paying for social status, a once in a lifetime experience, friendships, social circles, and all sorts of other stuff that isn't even covered by 'education' though.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Ye24 said:
yea i never buy books, either borrow someone i know or just go to the library, books are ridiculous...

im not arguing that college degrees get you more money its proven they do, but the way the economy is right now people are graduating and cant even find a job and now they are fucked because of the money they owe to school
I agree with you there. But you're gonna have a hard time predicting the job market 3 years from now, much less 20. I just kinda think its short sighted to say "Oh the economy sucks so i'm not gonna get a degree" I think in the long run education isn't ever gonna be a detriment. And once you have a job your earning potential makes up for the investment pretty quick :dno:

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
Spythe said:
Like where the fuck do you get your information from? All your comments are dumb as shit and completely miss informed
uhm, from being poor? i guess i left out that you have to be smart too. seriously. my school costs $40,000 per year and i racked up about $15,000 total in debt. there's tons of help out there if you look for it.

are you like following me around the forums or something? the cursing is childish and probably indicative of the fact that i am going to learn you some more stuff before the day is over.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
NickyEyes said:
uhm, from being poor? i guess i left out that you have to be smart too. seriously. my school costs $40,000 per year and i racked up about $15,000 total in debt. there's tons of help out there if you look for it.

are you like following me around the forums or something? the cursing is childish and probably indicative of the fact that i am going to learn you some more stuff before the day is over.
So you got grants and scholarships guess no one else in the world knows about that. And you owe $15,000, I guess that is not consider paying for school. I see your point now, my bad.....

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
Spythe said:
So you got grants and scholarships guess no one else in the world knows about that. And you owe $15,000, I guess that is not consider paying for school. I see your point now, my bad.....
yes. financial aid is out there for literally everybody. if you have good grades they'll give you even more of it. if you can produce a rental lease or a mortgage from the house you're living it, they'll give you even more money.

i didn't even spend any time looking for scholarships based on attributes, location, grades, talents, etc.

there is soooo much out there to help anybody get into college. I paid about 15% of what it cost.

It's the middle class people that get somewhat screwed. but at the end of the day, they don't have the monetary problems that poorer people do, so life could certainly be worse.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts