Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Banned
77,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet the consensus is that he’s a top tier rapper and lyricist in our day and age, and most of his albums are generally seen as enjoyable from start to finish. What do we learn from this? Why is there such a gap between the critics and the hip hop community?

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
Goo said:
Yet the consensus is that he’s a top tier rapper and lyricist in our day and age, and most of his albums are generally seen as enjoyable from start to finish. What do we learn from this? Why is there such a gap between the critics and the hip hop community?
It's really not lol, he is very divisive he is just loved so much by the side that doesnt find him boring.

·
Registered
50,372 Posts
One minute y’all hate critics next minute you’re crying for critics, make up your mind

·
Banned
77,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hit said:
One minute y’all hate critics next minute you’re crying for critics, make up your mind
First and foremost what do you mean "y'all"? KTT isn't a collective, each individual has his/her own perspective.

·
Banned
77,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
safe said:
My man's firing off at everyone itt already :clap:
I'm not your man. And Cole is obviously one of the most successful and respected rappers in the game rn regardless of your personal opinion on him so yeah.

G

·
Goo said:
I'm not your man. And Cole is obviously one of the most successful and respected rappers in the game rn regardless of your personal opinion on him so yeah.
Look you clearly made this thread wanting a specific answer to the question and are not gonna let any other discussion happen if it's not that answer so whatever u do u buddy

·
Registered
56,996 Posts
Because he hasn't lived up to the potential he showed on his mixtapes. Granted I still enjoy all his albums besides born sinner there's always a feeling that he could do better so the bar is set higher for him than other artists

Critics aren't tastemakers anyway, don't nobody care

·
Banned
77,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
safe said:
Look you clearly made this thread wanting a specific answer to the question and are not gonna let any other discussion happen if it's not that answer so whatever u do u buddy
?
You're running in circles bc of your personal disdain to Cole. Post Malone is successful bc of his singles - they're catchy. Whereas Cole is successful due to his albums and rapping ability/writing.

·
Banned
77,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NOTPHARRELL said:
Because he hasn't lived up to the potential he showed on his mixtapes. Granted I still enjoy all his albums besides born sinner there's always a feeling that he could do better so the bar is set higher for him than other artists

Critics aren't tastemakers anyway, don't nobody care

That's one of the points I was tryna make lol.

And Idk man I'd rather listen to his albums than The Warm Up nowadays.

·
Banned
77,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LastCall said:
:dead:

That KOD pitchfork score got this ***** heated
Idc about KOD or Pitchfork just trying to have a discussion. That guy came in my thread trying to shitpost and act funny.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts