Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always see Drake,Kendrick and A$AP being mentioned as the forefront of this generation. Despite the fact that all 4 of the above have had similar career trajectories, and enjoyed similar degrees of commercial and critical success,none of them are influencing the culture or generating as  much hype as A$AP,Drake or Kendrick. I suppose that in 20 years we would remember these 3. I can't guarantee that of anyone else. I made this thread because I've seen people calling Cole the 3rd most important artist after Drake and Kendrick

To everyone not understanding A$AP's influence:
Wiz T. said:
He brought Cloud rap to the forefront,paved the way for the likes of Danny Brown and JoeyBada$$ and forced A&Rs to look at blogs for talent instead of the street. He also has countless cacs imitating him,wearing pyrex and poverty grillz. What else is new?

·
Registered
15,160 Posts
Wiz T. said:
I always see Drake,Kendrick and A$AP being mentioned as the forefront of this generation. Despite the fact that all 4 of the above have had similar career trajectories, and enjoyed similar degrees of commercial and critical success,none of them are influencing the culture or generating as  much hype as A$AP,Drake or Kendrick. I suppose that in 20 years we would remember these 3. I can't guarantee that of anyone else. I made this thread because I've seen people calling Cole the 3rd most important artist after Drake and Kendrick
ASAP :hah:

I'm not the biggest Cole fan, but its safe to say many look at Cole before ASAP, and I even like ASAP more than Cole, I just don't think youre correct on this.

But at the end of the day who cares, atleast Trinidad James isnt mentioned in the conversation, so I can't really even disagree that much.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SkinnyJ420 said:
He brought Cloud rap to the forefront,paved the way for the likes of Danny Brown and JoeyBada$$ and forced A&Rs to look at blogs for talent instead of the street. He also has countless cacs imitating him,wearing pyrex and poverty grillz. What else is new?

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Wiz T. said:
but he's not selling

·
Registered
34,090 Posts
Wiz T. said:
Joey and Danny already had a huge following.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts