Kanye to The banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I'm a student at the University of Michigan, and for one of my classes, we were assigned a semester-long assignment in which we have to build a music industry-related business from the ground up. My group and I have decided to start a music referral service, and we're calling it "Mood". We one day hope to have our playlists on local radio stations and to get exclusive releases from our favorite artists. We put out our inaugural playlist on Valentines day, and I wanted to post the playlist here to see if true music fans appreciate the playlist we put together. We plan on putting out a few playlists a week, but I want to know what you guys think about our first playlist before moving forward.

https://soundcloud.com/michiganmood/sets/mood-r-b-2-14

All criticism is good criticism, and I appreciate you guys taking the time for reading this post and listening to our playlist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, working on making a weekly hip hop playlist. Since julz has her music mondays, A$AP announced wavy wednesdays, and ye has G.O.O.D fridays, we're working on a theme for another day. Maybe Tuesday's Tunes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,387 Posts
tomerdavid said:
Also, working on making a weekly hip hop playlist. Since julz has her music mondays, A$AP announced wavy wednesdays, and ye has G.O.O.D fridays, we're working on a theme for another day. Maybe Tuesday's Tunes?
Too corny, think about what your brand stands for and then try to relate it to that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,462 Posts
That's crazy OP cuz I'm a student at the University of Michigan, and for one of my classes, we were assigned a semester-long assignment in which we have to build a music industry-related business from the ground up. My group and I have decided to start a music referral service, and we're calling it "Mood". We one day hope to have our playlists on local radio stations and to get exclusive releases from our favorite artists. We put out our inaugural playlist on Valentines day, and I wanted to post the playlist here to see if true music fans appreciate the playlist we put together. We plan on putting out a few playlists a week, but I want to know what you guys think about our first playlist before moving forward.

https://soundcloud.com/michiganmood/sets/mood-r-b-2-14

All criticism is good criticism, and I appreciate you guys taking the time for reading this post and listening to our playlist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
christophumon said:
Too corny, think about what your brand stands for and then try to relate it to that
christophumon said:
Just started listening btw
christophumon said:
Ok overall I fuck with the playlist fasho

Only two tracks I'd suggest taking out are The Zone by The Weeknd and Energy by Tinashe. They kind of don't fit the vibe to me tbh.

Check these songs out as well
https://soundcloud.com/ivesdairy/surfnoir
https://soundcloud.com/elhae/love-a-na-prod-by-rascal
https://soundcloud.com/tobilou/gameova
my man...thank you so much for the responses. I'm meeting with my group tonight and we're going to figure out how we're going to use our name as a creative edge for our weekly playlists. Also, thank you for the recommendations, we'll definitely check them out and fit them in to our next R&B playlist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,387 Posts
tomerdavid said:
my man...thank you so much for the responses. I'm meeting with my group tonight and we're going to figure out how we're going to use our name as a creative edge for our weekly playlists. Also, thank you for the recommendations, we'll definitely check them out and fit them in to our next R&B playlist
No problem :salute:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top