• The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 46 5.8%
61 - 80 of 7613 Posts

·
Banned
165,645 Posts
i_AN_LEGEND said:
It was more the idea of "Batman" ...

But I can't stand to discuss that fucking movie on KTT anymore.
lmao, ill jus say TDK focused more on "Batman"
TDKR focused more on the idea of "Gotham being beyond saving"

S

·
0 Posts
i_AN_LEGEND said:
But I can't stand to discuss that fucking movie on KTT anymore.
Neither can I, it just seems to attract feels where it goes on here.

·
Banned
165,645 Posts
Duderinoo said:
A film can very easily be character driven if it focuses on two people. How the fuck is that NOT character driven. The film spends most of it's time on their two arcs and their obsessions. :cmon:
Inception is a film about an idea, yet at the same time its about a man who leads his team into a fucked up situation because of his selfishness. But that isnt the core of the film. So isnt Inception plot driven, rather than character driven?

S

·
0 Posts
Mr. Yeezy said:
Inception is a film about an idea, yet at the same time its about a man who leads his team into a fucked up situation because of his selfishness. But that isnt the core of the film. So isnt Inception plot driven, rather than character driven?
:facepalm:
Inception is all about Cobb. His story is the core the film. The team isn't. Besides, I ain't even talking about Inception.

·
Banned
165,645 Posts
Duderinoo said:
:facepalm:
Inception is all about Cobb. His story is the core the film. The team isn't. Besides, I ain't even talking about Inception.
i never said its about the team. But it isnt all about Cobb. Its more of a film about the idea of inception.

·
Registered
109,058 Posts
Mr. Yeezy said:
i never said its about the team. But it isnt all about Cobb. Its more of a film about the idea of inception.
Not just the idea, but the effect it had on Cobb. Inception fucked up Cobb's life, and ironically enough, it was the same thing that gave him a chance at redemption.

But that came at the expense of friends, shady business deals, and his own mental health. 'Inception' is very much grounded in character - that is Cobb's character.

·
Banned
165,645 Posts
Sky said:
Not just the idea, but the effect it had on Cobb. Inception fucked up Cobb's life, and ironically enough, it was the same thing that gave him a chance at redemption.

But that came at the expense of friends, shady business deals, and his own mental health. 'Inception' is very much grounded in character - that is Cobb's character.
But at the end of the film its a film about the perception of life. It challenges the viewer to think about whether the life that he is living - the life that we are all living - is a dream or reality. And that is the final and most important aspect this film wishes to embed in its viewers. It is shown through Cobb's character, but I always felt that it was the idea that drove this film rather than Cobb. Cobb is a shady character in the film until about halfway as well.

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
august4th said:
heard of this project before
we can revisit this thread in 2 years when it stars christian bale and leonardo dicaprio as rivals

marion cotillard and michael caine supporting cast

and the op wont be updated :hah:

61 - 80 of 7613 Posts