Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But really...... when are we going to get a Charlie Wilson album produced by Kanye?

The breaks with Charlie on them are just face melting...... i.e. at 2:52 on "Bound 2"

WE NEED IT YE!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Kanye should just do an entire album with singers and no other rappers, those of which are Justin Vernon, Charlie Wilson, Frank Ocean and Kid Cudi

·
Registered
26,820 Posts
Isn't Charlie locked down w/ RCA right now? They probably are scared of Ye produced effort because they are happy Wilson getting his usual radio/chart/sales numbers.

Charlie Wilson is a anomaly, think about how many Soul Singers from 4 decades in the business are on major labels & still charting? Count em on one hand :work:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bullitts Consulting said:
Isn't Charlie locked down w/ RCA right now? They probably are scared of Ye produced effort because they are happy Wilson getting his usual radio/chart/sales numbers.

Charlie Wilson is a anomaly, think about how many Soul Singers from 4 decades in the business are on major labels & still charting? Count em on one hand :work:

So true.

But think about what a new audience a record like this could bring him!

·
Registered
26,820 Posts
illAmerican said:
So true.

But think about what a new audience a record like this could bring him!
Maybe his manager needs to see what the Kanye fans are saying.

I just read this on wiki, he seems like a sharp mind to get the deal that Charlie has.

A few years later, Paran persuaded Wilson to embark on a solo career even though the odds were against them at the time. They independently released Wilson’s first solo album Bridging The Gap, which scored them Wilson’s first #1 Billboard Urban Adult Contemporary single, “Without You.”.[3] In 2004, Paran successfully negotiated a multi-album deal for Wilson with Jive Records. The first album from that deal, Charlie Last Name Wilson, debuted in the fall of 2005 featuring production from various hit-making producers including R. Kelly, Justin Timberlake, will.i.am, the Underdogs, Kay Gee and The Platinum Brothers. The album, which was certified Gold by the R.I.A.A., produced the ubiquitous hit single, “Charlie Last Name Wilson.”
Since then Charlie has consistently topped the Billboard Urban Adult Contemporary chart with singles from his follow up albums through P Music/Jive Records. His 2009 CD, Uncle Charlie, debuted at #2 on the Billboard Hot 200 and #1 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop chart and received two 2010 Grammy nominations, Best R&B Album and Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male for "There Goes My Baby.”
In December 2010, Just Charlie, was released and spawned the hit single “You Are"[4] which held the #1 spot on the Billboard Urban Adult Contemporary chart for 13 weeks as well as 15 weeks consecutively on the Mediabase chart. The song earned two 2012 Grammy nominations, Best R&B Performance and Best R&B Song giving Wilson, his wife Mahin, and their fellow songwriters Dennis Bettis, Carl M. Days Jr. and Wirlie Morris (who co-produced the track with Wilson) their first nomination as songwriters together. Wilson's delivery of this beautiful song and its performance at radio have confirmed that it is a wedding classic for years to come.[5]
Wilson has been a sought after vocalist and contributor/collaborator to dozens of songs in the Hip-Hop, Rap, and R&B communities. Wilson appeared on The Biggie Duets together with R. Kelly on the song "Mi Casa". He has worked with Snoop Dogg on numerous projects. Their first collaboration was Snoop's 1996 album Tha Doggfather, on which Wilson appeared on four songs: "Doggfather", "Snoop Bounce", "Groupie" (also featuring 213 and Tha Dogg Pound), and "Snoop's Upside Ya Head". He was also featured on the Grammy-nominated single "Beautiful" (together with Pharrell) from Snoop's 2002 album Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss. Wilson appeared on "Signs" (with Justin Timberlake) and "Perfect", both songs from Snoop's 2004 album R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta) The Masterpiece. He was also featured on Ego Trippin', the 2008 album by Snoop Dogg, on the songs "SD is Out" and "Can't Say Goodbye", the latter was also performed live with Snoop and Wilson at 2008's American Idol Gives Back charity concert.
Wilson also appeared on Mystikal's Ghetto Fabulous album in 1998 and in 2 songs on UGK's 2007 Underground Kingz album: "Quit Hatin' the South" and "How Long Can It Last".
In 2011, chart-topping producer/artist, Kanye West, reached out to include Wilson on his highly anticipated CD, My Dark Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Wilson recorded over a dozen songs with Kanye and appeared on the following songs: "See Me Now," with Kanye West featuring Beyoncé; "All of the Lights," with Kanye West featuring Rihanna; "Lost in the World," "Runaway," and "Monster" with Kanye West featuring Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj and Rick Ross. In addition to these songs, Wilson also appeared on five of the G.O.O.D. Friday Releases to promote the new CD including, "Lord, Lord, Lord" with Kanye West featuring Mos Def, Swizz Beatz, Raekwon and "Good Friday" with Common, Pusha T, Kid Cudi and Big Sean. He also appears on Bound 2, the closer of Yeezus, West's 2013 album. All together Charlie Wilson's albums have sold over one million copies.
Or maybe that is the plan to get Charlie Wilson and G.O.O.D. sound established over time. I forgot about "Signs", that shit was :fire: D: :aliveparrot:
A dozen songs w/ Ye, :allears:

·
Registered
26,820 Posts
STATED said:
welcome to ktt.

yeah that would be interesting

i want that justin vernon x kanye too
Justin Vernon could just stay in the G.O.O.D. studio recording tracks, who the fuck wants to tour? It is too tasking on the physical body. :cmon:  Vernon has clearly taken a solid place as a Good collaborator. His vocal collaborations on "Yeezus" has put him on the goddamn radar just like "My Dark Fantasy" Vernon if you are reading this, move to Hawaii. You proved it wasn't fluke magic, :work:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts