Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is old, but it may be Charles' best song. it needs to be heard.
The song "Choices" - A Wave For Alex, serves as a reminder of how precious and short our existence is and how our fate can be altered by the choices we make. I swear I could feel Alex as I wrote this song, guiding me through his last moments as if they were my own. Alex paid dearly for the choice of getting in a car with a drunk driver at the wheel. Without the intervention of some very supportive people, I was on a path to a similar destiny. It is hard to think about my own bad choices and substance abuse days and this reminds me of how grateful I am to be surrounded by people, including your family, who cared enough to get me back on track. Although I never had the opportunity to meet your brother, your family has become part of my extended family and this tragedy has had a profound affect on me. My heartfelt prayers go out to you.

This song is dedicated to Alex. I can only hope that this serves as a reminder that we should all make wise choices. Listen carefully to the lyrics of this song. Peace.
Also, the sample used. I got goosebumps the first time I heard this. It's amazing: http://vimeo.com/914313

·
Registered
622 Posts
I really like this song. Was it featured on a mixtape or just released ?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
If he could make songs of this quality consistently he would be set... but i wonder what he meat when he said, "lol "Choices" is retarded. And I don't wanna listen to it, ever." on his blog  :dno:

·
Registered
390 Posts
watching the video thats at the end of the song with the people splashing makes it even more powerful

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
does anyone know if he is mentally challenged in any way? i say that with all respect, but ive always visited his blog and it seriously makes no sense. am i the only one who thinks something is wrong with him?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts