Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Banned
28,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16100/title.cee-lo-green-says-he-didnt-love-jay-z-kanye-wests-otis-praises-drake

Jay-Z and Kanye West drew critical acclaim for their latest leak "Otis" off the upcoming Watch the Throne LP, but Cee Lo Green wasn't the biggest fan. Speaking with Hot 97's Angie Martinez, the Lady Killer explained that the expectations are so high that it's impossible to live up to the hype.

"I didn't love it. You know what? I think it did what it's supposed to do. It's supposed to come across like a trailer to it," he said, veering away from a negative direction. "You know what? Instead of me being critical, I can just say I love Jay. I love Kanye, and I especially love them together. You almost kind of think it's a sure thing, but on a realistic expectation... And I think a song like that can help diffuse it and bring it back down to where it's realistic again. Chances are, they're going to come back with something that's right on the money."

He also sounded off on Drake, explaining that he's got nothing but love for the Young Money rapper. "I love Drake! I love him in general. I think he's a young hopeful. I told him that directly," he continued.
:sarc2:

·
Banned
23,979 Posts
Otis is one of the best rap songs I've heard all year. I'm sick of getting quoted so I won't put 'real hip hop.' It sounds different. It has a classic feel and people just aren't accustomed to hearing that type of classic sound. It's an amazing song and it's too bad it hasn't received the reception it deserves.

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Perfect use of the sample. Very good lyrics. No shitty chorus.

What more can I sayyyy?

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
I actually heard that part of the intervew, he also said he liked it instead of loved it. He said he loves Kanye and Jay-Z and says he doesn't love Wiz (which I thought was funny)

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
Otis is pretty raw hip hop though. The sample is just chopped up, I don't think they added any instruments or anything. They just used the chopped up sample and started spitting fire to in an old-school way.

1,003 Posts
Anyone who has sense and doesn't think like a stan would COMPLETELY agree with Cee Lo. I think some of yall feel u gotta defend these guys cuz u live them so much. It was a good song. But it fails the hype. There were better songs from both them and other artists in the game.

·
Banned
18,273 Posts
haterlikestar said:
Cee Lo is  a smart man ..that is why he is on NBC  the Voice
:cmon:

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
otis is pretty stripped down tbh. Complete 180 from everything the last 3 years.

I still like it, doesnt matter to me who doesn't

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.