Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's why:

People will accept any kind of record from him.

He can do cheesy girl songs that'll chart pretty nicely like he's most known for, some gangsta shit on a Biggie / Jadakiss tip, "real hip-hop" type records with samples on some Jay-Z / Nas ish, etc.

He's also the only NY rapper to bite the south successfully and not be ridiculed for it.

FAB WON.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I actually agree with this. Never held Fab in high regard or thought he had great potential, but he made the most out of his skill set

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember he came out dickriding the west

Fab totally mastered the art of managing people's expectations for him
Notice Nas can do decent commercial records and still be totally shitted on, cuz people only expect a certain sound from him

·
Registered
26,500 Posts
HarlemDiplomats said:
He doesn't even need a classic or multi-plat album
he'll be hot until the day he retires
i agree features and twitter will forever keep him relevant

i just want him to make that one album :cryfam:

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
king. said:
i agree features and twitter will forever keep him relevant

i just want him to make that one album :cryfam:
Lol
He has it in him but I don't expect it from him, and no one else does. He managed his expectations like a pro. I'm satisfied with hearing a smash single here and there and an album full of current-sounding material every 2 years or so

He's like the anti J. Cole. Everyone wants him to do the impossible - blow the fuck up and never compromise his sound
lol

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Fab has that Jada Kiss-Syndrome. All the talent and resources to make a classic, just can't. His albums never come off as cohesive and I doubt he'll get that classic or something close now that his punchlines are getting much worse

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SupaDupa said:
Fab has that Jada Kiss-Syndrome. All the talent and resources to make a classic, just can't. His albums never come off as cohesive and I doubt he'll get that classic or something close now that his punchlines are getting much worse
Making profitable music with no pressure to deliver a classic whatsoever must be pretty good

·
Premium Member
14,808 Posts
I was just thinkin about Fabolous today and saw his latest tweet.

"No Diddy, no Dupri, no Dr. Dre.. No Cash Money from Baby, no Roc's from Jay.. And I'm still here.."

:hat: to Fab.

His older music brings back some serious memories. Into You>>

1 - 20 of 81 Posts