Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously we can't determine exactly what all happened in the studio, but if you guys can kind of give an idea of what roles was played?

For example:

PRODUCTION: KANYE WEST, MIKE DEAN, CHANCE THE RAPPER & SWIZZ BEATZ

CO-PRODUCTION: RICK RUBIN & DEREK WATKINS

ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION: PLAIN PAT, DJDS & NOAH GOLDSTEIN

ENGINEERING: NOAH GOLDSTEIN, ANDREW DAWSON, ANTHONY KILHOFFER, MIKE DEAN & MIKE MALCHICOFF

MIX: NOAH GOLDSTEIN

TRUMPETS: DONNIE TRUMPET

KEYBOARDS & BASS GUITAR: MIKE DEAN

So obviously i know what Kanye and Mike did, and i know what the trumpet player and engineer did. But what all would Chance, Swizz, Plain Pat, DJDs have done to get production credit? And whats the difference between Co-production and Additional production? And why wouldn't Donnie Trumpet be listed as a Co-producer since he actually played something on the beat we're hearing
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,819 Posts
CRINE op salty as shit because he didn't know that I produced EVERYTHING. even silver surfer, we on that Jimmy codeine shit :jordanlaff:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,440 Posts
Choose a username said:
Also why does Kanye West list his name first on No More Parties in LA when the beat was made by Madlib mostly?
Madlib made the basic beat with kanye in mbdtf sessions then kanye recently added additional samples to it.

I guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DNTE said:
Madlib made the basic beat with kanye in mbdtf sessions then kanye recently added additional samples to it.

I guess
lol but the main part of the beat was made by Madlib, the intro and outro samples was just a direct insert, madlib actually chopped up the main sample, and its pure sample too they didn't add additional drums
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Choose a username said:
Sorry the question was directed towards someone with a little bit of intelligence.
i copy and pasted the info from the website....
so figure it out fam no ones gonna do it for u
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,440 Posts
Main producers make most of the beat or provide the most guidance

Co-producers are brought in to either make a major contribution or follow main producer orders

Additional producers add little sounds or make little changes

Instrumentation credits mean a session musician was brought in by a producer (for example, chance bringing in donnie trumpet)  to play their instrument on a track
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
DNTE said:
Main producers make most of the beat or provide the most guidance

Co-producers are brought in to either make a major contribution or follow main producer orders

Additional producers add little sounds or make little changes

Instrumentation credits mean a session musician was brought in by a producer (for example, chance bringing in donnie trumpet)  to play their instrument on a track
if this is what op wanted to know, why didn't he use google  :mystery:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stushlet said:
how would anyone know what chance did to get production credit  :fly:
Choose a username said:
Obviously we can't determine exactly what all happened in the studio, but if you guys can kind of give an idea of what roles was played?
Oh look at that, OP asked if anyone has an IDEA, an IDEA, IDEA IDEA IDEA IDEAAAAAAA of what roles was played.
Idea means an intelligent guess. Like i said the question was directed towards someone more intelligent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Choose a username said:
  Oh look at that, OP asked if anyone has an IDEA, an IDEA, IDEA IDEA IDEA IDEAAAAAAA of what roles was played.
Idea means an intelligent guess. Like i said the question was directed towards someone more intelligent
so you want to know what the definition of a role is.. just use google dude holy shit
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top