Kanye to The banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously I'm a big Lupe fan, and it kills me to see that he is hindering his career because of his own stubbornness or his desire to do things differently. Not that he'd care what simple fans think about his creative process, but we should find a way to reach out to Lupe and tell him this. Lupe needs to wise up and  start getting more top of the line beats and go back to his older 1st and 15th members (Bishop G and Gemstones) for some quality features. I'm just saying this because the production on lasers was about 80% of the reason I thought it was a weak album. He needs to get back his boy Soundtrakk on the album and not let a new and inexperienced producer produce like 5 songs on the album. It's cool that he wants to support them, but give them one track, or two at the most, of their best beats. Lupe could definitely destroy some Soundtrakk, Kanye, No I.D., 1500 or Nothin, or Neptunes beats. In terms of features, it would be nice to see him collab with one or two mainstream success rappers on his album as well. It's just really frustrating. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Lasers was decent, but I'd rather not see F&L 2 turn out the same way. We need some more Go To Sleep quality tracks, as well as features on the same level of The Cool and F&L.

P.S. The person I want to see him work with again the most is Mike Shinoda. The Instrumental was one of the top 3 tracks on F&L hands down.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Til I Get There...possibly the second weakest track as far as production on Lasers. Needlz is a grammy award winner. hmmm

Coming Up is the first. It's produced by the Future. I googled this "Future". No results. Maybe he doesn't exist.

All Black Everything. One of the most amazing conceptual tracks ever in my opinion. Gets no play from me as it's boring as hell to listen to. Ahem, The Buchanens. :tash:

You've got a very good point on production. Lu keeps giving mediocre no namers the time of day and it's keeping him from being regarded as one of the best for his lyricism.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
DylanSpitsFiya said:
They don't compare him to Nas for nothing :hah:
Did you hear Untitled? Nas's beats were flames. D:
HHID beats were flames too (Black Republicans, Let the Be Light, and HHID are actually all I can remember from that album)
Distant Relatives = Greatest Reggae Fusion album ever...from beats to lyrics
Stillmatic...uhhm Some mad throwaways but come on, Ether and One Mic...what more do you need?

+Rule and Got Urself... D:
Come on Fam.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
friendofthepeople said:
Til I Get There...possibly the second weakest track as far as production on Lasers. Needlz is a grammy award winner. hmmm

Coming Up is the first. It's produced by the Future. I googled this "Future". No results. Maybe he doesn't exist.

All Black Everything. One of the most amazing conceptual tracks ever in my opinion. Gets no play from me as it's boring as hell to listen to. Ahem, The Buchanens. :tash:

You've got a very good point on production. Lu keeps giving mediocre no namers the time of day and it's keeping him from being regarded as one of the best for his lyricism.
I can say no wrong about Needlz because he produced Hurt Me Soul. If he turns out something like TIGT It's because he's been typecast by Atlantic from his Bruno Mars work, but he obviously can make genius stuff.

EDIT: I'm Goin In too? This guy is one versatile mother Hubbard

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
If kanye and lupe swapped producers, Lupe would be the official GOAT and kanye would be an average joe (based off his recent album only)

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Redize88 said:
If kanye and lupe swapped producers, Lupe would be the official GOAT and kanye would be an average joe (based off his recent album only)
There are no ifs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts