Kanye to The banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Anybody by Thug feat. Nicki, when Nicki starts her verse off by saying "You gotta picture me rolling // Packing a semi... colon!" :dahell:

Obviously a semi is a gun but the colon part makes no damn sense. How the fuck do you pack a semicolon? :what:

It's like she tried to make a double entendre by just associating two words that happen to form another word. It's like if someone said "For that ass I got a sweet tooth... brush!" :dahell:

Like the shit doesn't have any double meaning you're just putting two words together that make another word

I love the song but this part always bugs me when I listen to it

Am I missing the punchline?

·
Registered
13,154 Posts
She's playing on 'semicolon' by pausing after saying "semi" (referring to the gun) and then follows it up with "wait" which is what the emphasize on 'semicolon' is for.

·
Registered
9,531 Posts
a semicolon is used to seperate two ideas in a single sentence, i guess she's saying picture her rolling, as well as carrying a gun, however since the sentence could be "rolling" then the semi colon is what allows it to.

or maybe her and i and everyone are just fucking retarded and we're all doomed.

G

·
A Semi is a gun

She's packing a semi like Colion Noir, aka one of the spokesmans or whatever for the NRA

she probably didn't mean that but lets not act like that wouldn't be a clever double entendre :mm:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts