Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading this and I was sort of confused.

"At the time of the interview, he said he was planning on scrapping the direction he had been taking on the new record. In that form, the album was to be made up of "beautiful songs" that would tell the world, in West's words, "Hey, I'm a great musician. I make these beautiful songs, and they have all this meaning, and nobody can make anything that means this much." But the rapper said that he found a new sound.

"I got a new song that's so good that the album has to be balanced against it," West said. "This song is a song that can be in the club like 'Don't Like' or '****** in Paris.'"

So is he scrapping the collection of beautiful songs and just making bangers or???

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
was wondering this too tbh. Only person that can answer with actual knowledge is okstate or the other trusted ktt users that heard some songs

·
Banned
23,215 Posts
Trinidad said:
was wondering this too tbh. Only person that can answer with actual knowledge is okstate or the other trusted ktt users that heard some songs
Someone who heard the album said there's a song that was so beautiful he was in tears by the end

·
Registered
20,390 Posts
he has to simply find space in the album to include this banger

the banger would feel out of place in an album with beautiful records so he has to find a way to cohesively include all of them

·
Registered
27,220 Posts
squilliam said:
he has to simply find space in the album to include this banger

the banger would feel out of place in an album with beautiful records so he has to find a way to cohesively include all of them
Like just saying fuckit and cramming Bound 2 on the end lol

·
Registered
20,390 Posts
dylankubrick said:
Like just saying fuckit and cramming Bound 2 on the end lol
i think there was a purpose for bound 2 tbh, like others said "a palette cleanser", finally giving you what you want with the old school soul sample and positive energy, then you come to realize that this really isnt what you want.

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
What if this album is about his life...
I mean, there would be really awesome beautiful tracks for the moments that would talk about his mom dying, his first record, his marriage....
And then there would be some really fucked up BANGERZZZ  about his sex life, hanging in the studio, achievements in life and all that.
Would be better than MBDTF tbh.

·
Registered
27,220 Posts
squilliam said:
i think there was a purpose for bound 2 tbh, like others said "a palette cleanser", finally giving you what you want with the old school soul sample and positive energy, then you come to realize that this really isnt what you want.
Oh its what i wanted alright, uncle charlies wailing is the best outro imaginable for that album.
Way out of place, but i dont care that much about absolute audio cohesion, a beautiful song is a beautiful song.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts