Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it is all said and done, i believe the ones who will save hiphop when you know Hov,Em, Nas, and others finally give the mic a rest (FOR GOOD)

the people who will keep it interesting will be

Gambino
Kendrick Lamar
Kanye
Cole
KRIT
Curren$y
Tyler & Fam

what yaw think??

·
Registered
18,806 Posts
Other than Kanye I don't see any of those artists (except maybe K.R.I.T. & Kendrick) having a large impact.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you dont think tyler will? I listed him cuz of the fact that he has made a HUGE name for himself in the industry and has yet to really slow down with any buzz in my eyes. Feel whatm saying

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why take Gambino out?? Lyrically he is better than a lot of those we have in the rap now. I also ment to mention Wale...

·
Registered
997 Posts
RedLion said:
why take Gambino out?? Lyrically he is better than a lot of those we have in the rap now. I also ment to mention Wale...
he has good punchlines but I cringed so many times listening to his album...corny as fuck and will be forgotten in 2 years.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I think that Gambino and OF will be gone and forgotten in 6 years or less. They aren't saving anything. I'm a huge Spitta fan but the stuff he is spitting isn't game changing or saving anything. he's been in the game a while and seems to be content with what he does.

KRIT is dope too but he's a UGK/Outkast hybrid that I prob wont compromise his style or what he does to just make big mainstream noise. He'll continue making great music for years and have a good fan base, but his impact on the game will not be big.

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
SupaDupa said:
I think that Gambino and OF will be gone and forgotten in 6 years or less. They aren't saving anything. I'm a huge Spitta fan but the stuff he is spitting isn't game changing or saving anything. he's been in the game a while and seems to be content with what he does.

KRIT is dope too but he's a UGK/Outkast hybrid that I prob wont compromise his style or what he does to just make big mainstream noise. He'll continue making great music for years and have a good fan base, but his impact on the game will not be big.
I disagree, I think Curren$y for one has a great formula and is entertaining on just about everything he drops. That consistency will stand the test of time. As much as rap fans like to act like they hate hearing the same thing over and over, they love it. They're formulas are easy to replicate but impossible to replicate as evidenced by Stalley & Wiz. It's an endurance game.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Cliché Guevara said:
I disagree, I think Curren$y for one has a great formula and is entertaining on just about everything he drops. That consistency will stand the test of time. As much as rap fans like to act like they hate hearing the same thing over and over, they love it. They're formulas are easy to replicate but impossible to replicate as evidenced by Stalley & Wiz. It's an endurance game.
As much as I like Spitta I cannot see anything he releases saving anything. I wouldn't even say it will change the game. We've seen his formula used before(Devin the Dude).

Devin has a solid following, makes quality music, and might make a track that gets some mainstream attention every couple of years. I expect the same from Curren$y.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts