Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a lot of Californians on the board so I thought it'd be cool to talk about the Election. Plus this is my first time voting personally so I'm pretty stoked.

Anyways, who are you voting for? I'm voting Brown for governor...Whitman honestly scares me. Aside from everything else I need to look over my ballot and do some research. Yes on prop 19 though. :)

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZONBI said:
i was lucky. my first time voting was for OBAMA. oh and idc about the gov just YES ON PROP 19
Yeah I wanted to vote for Obama so bad, I was really into his campaign...sadly I turned 18 the month after the election.

·
Premium Member
25,460 Posts
Nick said:
Yeah I wanted to vote for Obama so bad, I was really into his campaign...sadly I turned 18 the month after the election.
i had just turned 19.my graduating class was all there to vote. it was pretty epic tqh.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Nick said:
I think they're changing it so if you turn 18 in the year of the election, regardless if it's after the primary and general election dates you can still vote.
I may be wrong though, or maybe it is only for the primary.
I heard it was trying to be changed.
I'm excited to be able to vote in 2012. I loved Obama when he was campaigning, transparency, and he sounded beyond confident that he could resolve most of our problems and that he would do it quickly... obviously he quickly realized that he couldn't fulfill his promises as soon as possible.
I think I'll vote for Mitt Romney in 2012... I gotta research more about these people
sadly I think Mitt Romney could have won the republican primary in 2008, but he is a Mormon so that was a no-go for the evangelicals and people in the bible belt

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
Yes on 19
Brown for Govenor, but I'm still undecided (is there a 3rd party candidate? lol). I will not be voting for Whitman

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Micool said:
Yes on 19
Brown for Govenor, but I'm still undecided (is there a 3rd party candidate? lol). I will not be voting for Whitman
There's quite a few other candidates but it's so close between Whitman and Brown that it's highly unlikely any other ones could win

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting Measures:

21 - Establishes 18$ annual vehicle license surcharge to help fund state parks and wildlife programs.  Grants surcharged vehicles free admission to all state parks.

Apparently this would provide 250 million dollars a year for state parks and wildlife conservation.

22 - Prohibits the state from borrowing or taking funds used for transportation, redevelopment, or local government projects and services.

Increased state revenues of 1 billion dollars to several billion dollars annually, decreased state General Fund spending.

23 - Suspends implementation of air pollution control law requiring major sources of emissions to report and reduce greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming until unemployment drops to 5.5 percent or less for a full year.

Modest net increase in economic activity in the state, possible net increase in state and local revenues.

Definitely need to do some research on all of the measures, the language is slightly confusing.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I want Brown to win. I'll officially be a Californian in a couple of years.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Jayvin said:
I think I'll vote for Mitt Romney in 2012... I gotta research more about these people
sadly I think Mitt Romney could have won the republican primary in 2008, but he is a Mormon so that was a no-go for the evangelicals and people in the bible belt
Because Obama couldn't deliver his promises as quickly as we wanted (because the republicans filibustered most of it, and also because he tried wayyy too hard to work with the Republicans when they clearly wanted to do nothing), you'd vote for Romney? I don't get this logic at all.

Of all the Republicans, I'd vote probably for Pawlenty, not Romney. Romney has no backbone anyway. He changes his stripes depending on the politics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/29/obomneycare-the-ultimate_n_517218.html

lol at him tripping himself up. not to mention romney supported the iraq war which just shows his terrific judgment

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ktothe2 said:
I want Brown to win. I'll officially be a Californian in a couple of years.
I'll be voting for Brown...AND ITS ALL FOR YOU K2!

(well not technically...but maybe my vote'll make a difference)

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Nick said:
I'll be voting for Brown...AND ITS ALL FOR YOU K2!

(well not technically...but maybe my vote'll make a difference)
I'm tearing up over here.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
ZONBI said:
i was lucky. my first time voting was for OBAMA. oh and idc about the gov just YES ON PROP 19
i agree 100% on this. my first time voting was for obama!

and prop 19 needs to pass. it's already happening so why shouldn't we make some money some money off of it? and honestly every person thats been busted with marijuana and is in jail doesn't necessarily mean they deserve to be incarcerated. leave the space for the violent criminals that do deserve it.

·
Premium Member
25,460 Posts
The New Era said:
i agree 100% on this. my first time voting was for obama!

and prop 19 needs to pass. it's already happening so why shouldn't we make some money some money off of it? and honestly every person thats been busted with marijuana and is in jail doesn't necessarily mean they deserve to be incarcerated. leave the space for the violent criminals that do deserve it.
exactly. being arrested for marijuana is unjustified.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
ima vote for brown. wouldnt mind Whitman though to be honest. I view it as. Well, the economy is basically a capitalist system anyhow. She ran a business in this capitalist system. maybe she can make us some money and open up jobs. Be a bit more cut throat. lol. But she wont win.

I have a hard time believing a liberal state such as Cali will vote Whitman and not pass prop 19. Which i believe go hand in hand.

Its will be Brown, a liberal Gov. And prop 19 passes.

Reeses releases its new Peanut Butter Hash Cups.

Income Skyrockets. lol.

As for other props. I just read them the day before. Anything that sounds alright i vote for. If its confusing and drawn out. I vote no. lol.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
getupigetdown said:
ima vote for brown. wouldnt mind Whitman though to be honest. I view it as. Well, the economy is basically a capitalist system anyhow. She ran a business in this capitalist system. maybe she can make us some money and open up jobs.
Too bad the main thing she did in eBay was cut costs and she did it by outsourcing jobs.

She's a real innovator.

Outsourcing's a real quality I like in a governor.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts