Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposition 19, also known as the Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010, is a California ballot proposition which is on the November 2, 2010 California statewide ballot as an initiated state statute. It would take effect the day after the election.

Proposition 19, if approved by voters, will legalize various marijuana-related activities, allow local governments to regulate these activities, permit local governments to impose and collect marijuana-related fees and taxes, and authorize various criminal and civil penalties.

Yes/No?

·
Registered
27,950 Posts
I think it should be passed. If it does it's going to help our economy greatly, which we need. Also we could cut down costs and space in prisons by freeing non-violent offenders.

·
Registered
481 Posts
For, but the federal agencies are saying they're still going to be enforcing. Granted, "enforcing" pretty much just = busting the dispensaries that the local cops aren't concentrating on, so the private small-time smoker will remain generally unaffected, but it's still gonna be a while before the feds get their shit together and realize that there are more important issues to devote time and taxpayer money to.

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Definitely for it.  I don't see the problem with smoking marijuana at all tbh.  Sure it has certain negative affects, but people act like the amount of users is dramatically going to go up if this is passed...which is just stupid, IMO.  It's not like it's all that hard for people to get it...lol.  i doubt there's going to be a noticeable increase.

the taxation will definitely be helpful.  i don't use it personally, but it could have positive affects for the economy.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
it should be legal everywhere. the USA would make so much fucking money its not even funny. there is a reason why its Americas best cash crop

·
Registered
481 Posts
cebreros2740 said:
what is the reality of this actually getting passed?
It's actually leading in the most recent polls, which surprised me.  But the last actual figures I saw showed a pretty even split down the middle; definitely gonna be a close one.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
im all for it, it just needs to be treated like alcohol. it has the potential to make us money and legalize weed; this neess to happen.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
for it but federal law trumps state law anyway.

what may happen is the ruling may reach the Supreme Court and that would reevaluate the balance of state vs. federal power.

Eric Holder would have to oppose Prop. 19 with a vengeance though because it would set later precedent for Arizona-type laws (though there is a stronger Constitutional basis for immigration on a federal level then there is for drug policy at a federal level but they all relate to law enforcement)

i'm just hoping that jerry brown gets elected. i like him and ill be in LA and i don't want meg whitman as my governer.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
If it will help our economy I'm all for it, and it's not gonna have an effect on people because the only difference is people will smoke in their front yard rather than their backyard.

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Im somewhat undecided with this. I need to look into it more and see what the costs and benefits are.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
8th Wonder said:
Im somewhat undecided with this. I need to look into it more and see what the costs and benefits are.
after you're done reading about the cost and benefits of alcohol, you should come up with an answer

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
FOR FOR FOR FOR FOR!

if you live in Cali get out and vote!

if this actually were to get passed i think they should just treat it exactly like alcohol. in every way. in terms of laws, selling/distributing, etc etc etc etc

it'll work

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Lake said:
Make it legal then tax the shit out of it
California's got a 10+% sales tax. highest in the nation.  :eek:

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Lake said:
I want it legal in every state.
So do I. It should be legalized, and then put a 15% FEDERAL sales tax on it to pay for health care and more centralized programs for the Department of Education.

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jazz June said:
FOR FOR FOR FOR FOR!

if you live in Cali get out and vote!

if this actually were to get passed i think they should just treat it exactly like alcohol. in every way. in terms of laws, selling/distributing, etc etc etc etc

it'll work
Printing out my voter registration form atm

1 - 20 of 87 Posts