Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to make a switch and checking out Best Buy right now.
they currently have some good deals on some Macbook pros but I weary about buying refurbished compared to new.

Any opinions/help on the matter would be appreciated

will check in the morning

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Lost One said:
So I'm looking to make a switch and checking out Best Buy right now.
they currently have some good deals on some Macbook pros but I weary about buying refurbished compared to new.

Any opinions/help on the matter would be appreciated

will check in the morning
I understand the hesitation about buying refurbished products but do a quick search and you'll find that buying refurbished on Apple's website is a safe bet. I purchased a refurbished air on Apple's site and have had no problems. They come with the standard warranty and cables as if it was new. There was no cosmetic damage at all. You can even get Applecare if you want. The only difference is the box but that's not a big deal.

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
MOOxFOOD said:
I understand the hesitation about buying refurbished products but do a quick search and you'll find that buying refurbished on Apple's website is a safe bet. I purchased a refurbished air on Apple's site and have had no problems. They come with the standard warranty and cables as if it was new. There was no cosmetic damage at all. You can even get Applecare if you want. The only difference is the box but that's not a big deal.
Came to post this

And if you live in a college town or bigger city chances are there will be a store on campus where you can buy legit refurbs for cheap

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MOOxFOOD said:
Great! Thanks man this is want I wanted out if this

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sdot said:
Came to post this

And if you live in a college town or bigger city chances are there will be a store on campus where you can buy legit refurbs for cheap
Cool thanks

Where would be a good place to sell my current?

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Lost One said:
Cool thanks

Where would be a good place to sell my current?
Craigslist or Ebay. Ebay is easier, Craigslist is faster most times, as long as it's in a public place it should be safe

Only thing I hate about Ebay is they charge you 10% of the final sale price ie. I sold a laptop for 650$, they charged me $70 in fees smh

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sdot said:
Craigslist or Ebay. Ebay is easier, Craigslist is faster most times, as long as it's in a public place it should be safe

Only thing I hate about Ebay is they charge you 10% of the final sale price ie. I sold a laptop for 650$, they charged me $70 in fees smh
I'll probably try my hand on ebay

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sdot said:
I actually have this macbook lol. Its great, but upgradable. Has 2GB less ram than your current one but I highly recommend it

If you're in school you might qualify for the education discount as well
haha cool. The GB thing is not really a problem for me as you can see I'm using so little of it already but yeah I'm now debating if I should wait till I get this sold or go ahead and buy this.

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Lost One said:
haha cool. The GB thing is not really a problem for me as you can see I'm using so little of it already but yeah I'm now debating if I should wait till I get this sold or go ahead and buy this.
If you only browse and watch videos/listen to music its perf

Anything more and you'll wanna upgrade

1 - 20 of 40 Posts