Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanna start making beats and im tired of using computer programs, I wanna be working with real tools like the MPC 2000XL.

My question is, what else do I need to be serious about my producing? Like any must have tools, or luxury that would benefit me a lot?

·
0 Posts
It's not about the hardware/software, it's about the producer behind it. Use whatever you feel is the most comfortable for you.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RobHiko. said:
It's not about the hardware/software, it's about the producer behind it. Use whatever you feel is the most comfortable for you.
yeah i just like the buttons better, im a lot better at that then going on the computer and doing it

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ivy Crimson said:
they are expensive for labor
but an mpc doesnt need software to operate. what does the maschine have that the mpc doesnt is what im trying to ask.. theyre the same price

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
IAMNOTCHARLESHAMILTON said:
but an mpc doesnt need software to operate. what does the maschine have that the mpc doesnt is what im trying to ask.. theyre the same price
well  2000XL cost way more but the maschine has literally infinite sound patches, synths etc

·
Premium Member
19,871 Posts
i seriously feel like mpc's are more of a tool that was prominent/useful in the 80s & 90s. the technology you have nowadays is way more vast and limitless compared to an mpc.

i'd recommend you go buy some drum pads and controllers. korg, m-audion, roland, boss, yamaha, etc. all make some great stuff. combine the software and the hardware.

imo, mpc's are way overpriced and kinda becoming outdated nowadays.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
crackadon said:
i seriously feel like mpc's are more of a tool that was prominent/useful in the 80s & 90s. the technology you have nowadays is way more vast and limitless compared to an mpc.

i'd recommend you go buy some drum pads and controllers. korg, m-audion, roland, boss, yamaha, etc. all make some great stuff. combine the software and the hardware.

imo, mpc's are way overpriced and kinda becoming outdated nowadays.
what do you recommend?

·
Registered
16,731 Posts
get a maschine real talk. it helped me step it up so much its a great tool and ya i dont think any hardware in the world has as many amazing stock drums as maschine. like you literally dont need drum kits. compatible with all vsts and easy to set up with keyboards or whatever. also amazing for sampling like probably the best program out for sampling. also you can use it with its own software which is actually very good or as a plug in for say logic or reason or whatever. maschine is the way to go imo

1 - 20 of 81 Posts