1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
35,358 Posts
I'm pretty sure Bryson Tiller had an interview where he said he was inspired by Damn, so it was probably an intentional use of the same sample.

Songs still sound different. And yes, everyone noticed.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Yea what's the big deal

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nexizimas said:
When you say same sample do you mean the same part of the song being samled or the same song being sampled?
Mozart said:
I'm pretty sure Bryson Tiller had an interview where he said he was inspired by Damn, so it was probably an intentional use of the same sample.

Songs still sound different. And yes, everyone noticed.
I gotcha, I guess I just don't understand why artists are using very similar samples from other rappers on their commercial albums when they weren't even released that far apart. I liked the song, just confused i guess since his producer copied that J. Cole song last year

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Dabz4Dayz said:
I gotcha, I guess I just don't understand why artists are using very similar samples from other rappers on their commercial albums when they weren't even released that far apart. I liked the song, just confused i guess since his producer copied that J. Cole song last year
because it's a sample, and this album was obviously made before April 7th

·
Registered
35,358 Posts
Dabz4Dayz said:
I think Feel was a homage, the exchange beat was stolen

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KeepItRiel said:
because it's a sample, and this album was obviously made before April 7th
where's the originality though? are these samples just so well known and tossed around that it gets used twice in two big album releases? i thought artists try to be different and not have the same sounding beats as everyone else

·
Registered
30,090 Posts
right at the opening, it sounds so much like FEEL before the rest of the beat's differences / spin on it come into picture that i think it had to have been an homage on purpose. its different enough for the rest of the song but those first few seconds are like basically use the sample the same as in FEEL so i think its a purposeful nod :khaled:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts